Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun August 10-13, 2017

We are happy to announce that:

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2017 will be August 10-13 at the beautiful NRA Whittington Center.

Check our Facebook page for information.

Applications will come out mid-December as always. We have 2 websites: http://rm3g.com/ and http://rm3gworld.webs.com/

There are LOTS of pictures of this year's and previous matches at: http://rm3gun.smugmug.com/

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the response! Is Colorado Springs safe to fly into with mags over 15 rounds? I was planning to shoot this match in 2015 but that fell through due to work. Hoping to make it out there this year. I have heard nothing but great things about this match!

10 hours ago, GM2B said:

Thank you for the response! Is Colorado Springs safe to fly into with mags over 15 rounds? I was planning to shoot this match in 2015 but that fell through due to work. Hoping to make it out there this year. I have heard nothing but great things about this match!

It's still in Colorado. I fly into Albuquerque, it's the same drive time as Denver. Car rentals tend to be less expensive than in Denver.

Because the Whittington Center is so large (33 thousand acres), we have stages that are miles apart. Usually it runs about 10 miles from stage 1 to stage 9. You shoot all day one on, one off. 3 stages thurs, 3 fri, and 3 sat. Sunday all the shoot-offs happen and the awards are after that.

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2016 at 11:08 PM, Benelli Chick said:

Not yet!

I'm getting quite a pile of registrations every day!

It will be full on January 8 when I let a bunch (hopefully) of the newbies in.

But, get those applications in ASAP! http://rm3g.com/

Completely missed this registration. Putting it in the mail right now, hopefully will get there by the 8th.  Hated missing last year but had a new baby born in July. 

• 2 months later...

Wanted to share our good news and our great appreciation for all our wonderful sponsors!

We are so fortunate to have such great support!

We have been working on stages and have some great plans for you!

Thanks you so much to:

Our awesome match sponsor: JP Enterprises

Our other amazing and generous sponsors: 2e Publishing, 5.11, A Girl and A Gun, Barnes Precision, Berger Bullets, Bravo Concealment, Brownells, Brunos, Burris, Carbon Arms, CMC Triggers, Comp Tac, Crossbreed Holsters, Decot, Dillon Precision, Ergo Grips, ESP, Firebird Precision, Forward Control Design, GunGoddess, H&K, Hearing Protection Services, Henning Shop, HexMag, High Standard, Hodgdon, Hogue Grips, Hornady, Invictus Practical, Keltec, King of the Mountain, KNS Precision, Lantac, LaRue, LensPens, Leupold, Luth, Machine Gun Tours, Magpul, Mesa Tactical, Montana Gold, NG2 Defense, Nightforce, Nordic Components, NSSF, Patriot Cases, Phoenix Weaponry, Plug'r, ProEars, R&R Targets, Redding Reloading, Redwolf Airsoft, Rocky Mountain Targets, Rugged Gear, Sac Firearms, Safariland, Samson, Seekins Precision, Shooter's Source, Sierra Bullets, Sig Sauer, Strikeforce, TacPro, Tactical Performance Center, Thunder Beast Arms, Timney Triggers, Tooth and Nail, T.O.P, Trey Yuen, Trijicon, Troy, TruckVault, U.S. Optics, Unique Tek, Vortex, Warne Scope Mounts, Wilson Combat, XGO, XS Sights, and Zev Technologies

Check out: http://rm3g.com/ for links to their websites for any of your shopping needs!

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update!

Stage breakdown is as follows! Remember TARGETS not rounds. You need an A or B or two anywhere to avoid penalty on paper!

Stage 1 – 3-Gun - Limited Round Stage – 2-10 round pistol magazines, 1- 20 round rifle magazine, 11 rounds of shotgun (We got such rave reviews from our Trailer Stage at He-Man that we’re bringing it back with a few changes. This may be the last time we get to use this area.)

Stage 2 – 3-Gun – 12 rifle steel, 2 slugs, 10 birdshot, 2 pistol paper and 10 pistol steel.

Stage 3 – Shotgun Birdshot – 44 rounds including swinging, flying, and launched birds.

Stage 4 – Shotgun/Rifle – 3 slugs, 10 birdshot, 12 rifle paper, 10 rifle steel. Rifle sling required.

Stage 5 – Pistol/Rifle - 10 pistol steel, the Texas Star for pistol, 9 pistol paper, and 24 rifle steel. Rifle sling required.

Stage 6 – Pistol – 21 steel, 21 paper, 2 clays

Stage 7 – Rifle – 22 steel, 3 clays, 16 paper

Stage 8 – 3-Gun – 8 pistol steel, 6 pistol paper, 10 birdshot steel, 2 launched birds, 12 rifle steel

Stage 9 – Shotgun/Pistol – Option stage – 12 clays for birdshot only, 6 paper for pistol only, 24 steel that can be pistol or birdshot.

So in brief - about 125 rifle TARGETS, 110 pistol, 24 optional birdshot/pistol, 97 birdshot, 5 slugs

You need a rifle sling, but NO a shotgun sling.

See you all soon!

:wub:

Will there be oxygen bottles available this year?

:cheers:

58 minutes ago, Benelli Chick said:

Not that I can get!

I have been trying for 3 years to get an oxygen sponsor, and every year I get good feedback and they say they will probably do it and then radio silence!

So...bring your own???? :rolleyes:

I was thinking more in the line of "Coors".  :cheers: