Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ideas for prop storage/organization

Husker95

Can anyone give me some ideas, hopefully with pictures, on how your club stores and organizes your props and stage gear?

My club in Southern Colorado just moved all our stuff from a series of old CONEXs to a new steel building with dirt floor and I am lead for the effort to design the storage and organization schema.  We have the standard gear that most have:  PVC fault line, wooden target stands, 2x4 walls with fabric netting, a bunch of steel plates, activators, etc.    We run a Saturday match throughout the year and typically have a good deal of setup help in the mornings.  I want to get this right so it's quick and easy for folks to get to the stuff in the morning for setup and put away when the match is done.   I am interested in what others have done to clean up and organize their space.  Thanks!

Husker (Matt)

Also, for moveable storage, think it was a front sight or two back that had a trailer built

out to hold the clubs props....made it easy to set up.  Of course this depends on space for trailer storage and amount of props you have.  Hope that helps

• 2 weeks later...

Our Walls are contained in steel 2x4 frames with the legs stored above.  Sticks in 55 gal barrels.  Poppers are stacked standing up in a specific spot on the floor.  Stick holders do a sloppy self stack.  We have scavenged a lot of store and industrial shelving and use it where ever needed.  About 6 heavy garden carts for moving stuff to and from the stages.  There is a certain amount of stuff jammed into open floor space.

• 2 weeks later...