Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 US Steel Nationals Info

ZackJones

I can share some info about the match. Dan was right it will be in Atlanta at South River Gun Club. It WILL be a sanctioned Tier III Match. It will be held in April the weekend of 15/16. Yes I know that is Easter weekend.

That's all I know at this time. More info as soon as I can provide it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scottlep said:

Easter weekend doesn't sound like a great plan. Beside the obvious family commitments, travel and flights will be more crowded and more expensive. :(

That is what I was thinking - fight costs will be above average.

I will double check the match dates but I looked before replying and that's what I have in the email. It actually shows 10 - 16 April which much include setup and other stuff. Perhaps thats the dates the range is reserved for the match. Obviously there will be more to come but I wanted to get the word out as soon as I possibly good. I'm very happy to see it's going to be a sanctioned match. I'll actually shoot it now :).

Sounds good to me. Atlanta is within driving range from WV. Heck I used to race at Road Atlanta and Roebling Road in Savanah. And that was an RV towing a racecar trailer.

Any idea, Zack, when registration will open?

I have raced at Roebling and Road Atlanta while they still had the gravity cavity. I will know much more after WSSC.

Should I believe everything I see on the internet now Zach?:) Just kidding. Glad to hear it will be sanctioned but sorry to see it leaving Florida. 

Everyone have fun at the WSSC this weekend. Wish I could be there but a new job is keeping me from it. Will be at more in the future!

• 2 weeks later...

Big News the US Steel Nationals dates for 2017 have changed. The match will now be held March 29th through April 2nd. I'm getting confirmation if we'll be shooting on all days or if the match will conclude on Saturday. Spread the word!

Zack Check with Jason....I think the range will be open starting on March 26th for Practice. He need to change the format so people can shoot any gun on any day. That way people can shoot on the days they have available and not be forced to shoot certain days.

They won't force you to shoot other days. They prefer that RF and CF shoot certain days but I guarantee they wont force you. Previous Nats and WSSC have usually been set up with certain RF and CF days but people shoot whenever they can

22 minutes ago, hornetx40 said:

Zack Check with Jason....I think the range will be open starting on March 26th for Practice. He need to change the format so people can shoot any gun on any day. That way people can shoot on the days they have available and not be forced to shoot certain days.

I have an email into him on it. 

14 minutes ago, scottlep said:

They won't force you to shoot other days. They prefer that RF and CF shoot certain days but I guarantee they wont force you. Previous Nats and WSSC have usually been set up with certain RF and CF days but people shoot whenever they can

I can see them doing it for the super squad but not mid-packers like me. Will let you know what I find out.