Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OEM Recoil springs

pdxrealtor

What is the OEM recoil spring weight in the 75 B, and SP01 Tactical? I'm throwing brass with a FPS of ~ 1150 what seems like a mile. They feel very light when I rack the slide too. 

I can tell a big difference in racking the slide on my new SP01 vs. my well used 75Bs. 

I'm not one to tinker much with recoil springs but worn out parts are a different story. 

Your brass should fall 6'-8' . SP01 #13, 75B #15   for every  +  1# brass falls 1' less, for every  - 1# brass falls + 1 '.    a lot of people shoot 1050FPS target loads, much less recoil.  I use a 11# in my SP01 Shadow and my  85 Combat, I'm using 1050FPS ammo.

What is the OEM recoil spring weight in the 75 B, and SP01 Tactical? I'm throwing brass with a FPS of ~ 1150 what seems like a mile. They feel very light when I rack the slide too. 

I can tell a big difference in racking the slide on my new SP01 vs. my well used 75Bs. 

I'm not one to tinker much with recoil springs but worn out parts are a different story. 

Is the SP-01 throwing the brass that far or is it the 75B?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 10:35 PM, Exiledviking said:

Supposedly due to the pistol being designed to be used with NATO spec ammo which is pretty hot. NATO spec 9 mm is somewhere around +P and below +P+ loads.

So......  If I like the way my sp01 shoots better than my 75b I could just swap the springs? 

So......  If I like the way my sp01 shoots better than my 75b I could just swap the springs? 

The recoil spring on the SP-01 is fairly heavy. The way to tune the CZ pistols for the proper recoil spring is to have the brass land 6 to 8 feet away with whatever load you normally use. If the 75B is launching your normal load's brass beyond that you should get a new or heavier recoil spring. How many rounds have you put thru the 75B with the current recoil spring?

18 lb recoil spring ?
I believe 14 lb recoil and 18 lb hammer spring is standard on a SP-01

I am running 11 lb recoil and 13 lb hammer on my SP-01 Shadow (with standard firing pin).

Edited by BMaus