Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what chubchik to mate bipod with my magpul MOE forend?

Max It

hi ya, i am new to AR15's (got a Del-Ton Echo with magpul furniture)

now thinking a bipod might be good for target shooting.

what connection do i need as there is no rail on bottom of forend, only slots?

12 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, I must ask, what the hell is a chubchik?

I dunno what to call it. but the bipods I see have attachment for picatinny rails and my rifle only has a moe magpul forend with slots in the bottom. so it needs something to attach to.

14 hours ago, NisilS14 said:

bags, magpul moe rail sections, or moe bipod mount. Ideally a free float rail will be best for bipod mounting.

I cant visualize it. whats a free float?

much obliged, Max

On 8/20/2016 at 9:59 AM, Max It said:

I cant visualize it. whats a free float?

much obliged, Max

A free floated handguard doesn't make contact with the barrel, mounting a bipod to a handguard that's held in place by the barrel can potentially change point of impact.

chubchick = gizmo. or maybe device to attach things to things. now I see that putting anything on the forend is not a good idea. something that hangs from the front sight would be best. what is it?

i must respond as I too am in So-cal and have never heard the term chubchick.. haha learn something new every day. interesting term!! but if you plan to keep with the gun thing I would definitely go free float.

The term chupchick is a modern Hebrew word which is a catch-all phrase for a thing which you are trying to describe but don't know the proper term.  It is also the term for an apostrophe used to create a contraction (i.e. don't, but in Hebrew).  It is pronounced CHOOP-chick.  It's a pretty hand word to have :)

OK, I will admit that I read the term quickly and loosely, and I thought I read chub chick.  I instantly thought of chubby chick.  Now my translation of that was maybe not what you really wanted today but something that would do when you had the need.  Sorry, but I can't be the only guy who had those thoughts when they read that original post.  I will just admit to it in a not proud way and now I will go sit in the corner.  :P

• 6 months later...

got it! Venture Munitions in Vegas sold me the (chubchik) attachment to connect to my Magpul free float. and also a fine bipod. total $50. could not be better thanks to all.