Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scorpion for PCC

rowdyb

If you install an aftermarket trigger like the HB Industries or others be very careful with the roll pin that attaches the trigger shoe to the bottom of the sear. If this extends out at all it will absolutely drag on the lower receiver and cause you reset issues. If you do a low power spring kit install the HB Ind videos on Youtube explain in perfectly.

Two. Empty mags drop free on a close bolt. Mags with rounds in them drop free regardless. But empty mags don't drop free with the bolt open. If you look at the forward aspect of the mags, 10,20 or 30, you will see a small lip and where that ridge extends up the mag body. Sand this down so there is no longer this small step on the center ridge at the front of the magazine and mags will drop free all the time no matter empty or rounds or bolt closed or open. If you're going to shoot USPSA PCC division then Springer Precision is in process of making extra capacity base pads. The stock 30 round mags are $19, so if you even get just plus 4 from new pads then no mag changes for almost every stage.

Three. If you don't have the ability to drill out the weld to work on your trigger pack you can also cut or break the head off your bolt then punch it out with the trigger pack. The threads are only in the metal, not in the plastic of the lower receiver. The weld is to the collar to the bolt. It will spin out freely from that point. The replacement bolt is a M4-0.7 and 10mm long, like $1 for a two pack at Home Depot.

Four. It's relatively easy to see where the hammer engages things in the trigger pack. These edges are all very sharp and abrupt when new. A very little bit of filing and stoning and polish makes a huge difference here, stock or aftermarket springs as well.

Five. The ones with the faux suppressor, it just spins off by hand revealing a normal carbine barrel. Spin on any 9mm AR flash hider or muzzle break you like. The pistol hand guard is also a direct bolt on replacement to the carbines if you want the sbr look on the models with the faux can.

Awesome information, appreciate the write up. Will you guys be offering packages on Scorpions? 

Also wondering if you guys have tested the either the HB Industries spring kits, trigger replacements or the CZC Trigger packs for long term durability? There's not much solid information out yet about higher round count durability in the Scorpion yet. I just hope there aren't issue like some drop in AR triggers in 9mm AR's failing or going giggle mode after a couple thousand rounds. 

We'll have a Scorpion Package yes. I'm in charge of that, so once I feel the tuning and parts are ready we'll go live with it and you'll see it as part of the web store and of course the usual announcements on our pages.

The gun I have and am running tests on has the HB springs in it. And their trigger, mag release and charging handle. And a Yeti Wurks grip. We're fine tuning the work on the internals for function and reliability. My gun currently has only 500 rounds through it in 3 outings.

The CZC trigger is what, $241? I think other than springs we're gonna try and stay with the stock internals but modified. Tentatively, very tentatively I could see it being about $1,500 as well for a gun built up by us, you'd just put on your optic and be good to go.

• 1 month later...

The HBI spring and a little polish is absolutely the most bang for your buck I have ever had in a trigger. $4 spring and about 20 minutes and the CZ trigger went from awful to nearly identical to a Glock 4.5 lb trigger pull. I'm interested to see how good people can get the CZ trigger with hammers, sears and new triggers because it's an absolute joy to shoot. 

The carbines have been working well. Lots of good parts are showing up out there from a lot of sources.

CZC trigger pack is $222, upgraded disconnector is $55. (UB and USA disconnector will break. ) trigger pack can be tuned to 3#-3.5# pull with .095 of trigger movement from break to reset.

Evo Disconnector broken factory_125906.jpg