Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holunsun optics

Mrguns

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been very pleased with my Holosun's (503GU's)...

I own Eotech (XPS 2-2), Aimpoint (PRO & Micro), Vortex's (Sparc & Spitfire), Trijicon (MRO), etc...Myself and a few coworkers (I work for a major distributor and our merchandiser wanted some feedback) & fellow shooters (pro 3 gunners) did some comparisons.  In our opinion with the optics we tested the Eotech had the clearest glass, Holosun was second followed by Aimpoint, then Vortex and lastly Trijicon.  The Eotech showed no visible blue hue, all the others had some but the Holosun exhibited the next least amount.  The MRO showed the most.

When it came to magnification displacement the Eotech, Holosun & Aimpoint all showed none.  The Vortex showed very little.  The MRO was by far the worst.

Mount quality was won by Aimpoint.  Eotech & Trijicon were a close second.  This was where the Holosun faired the worst but luckily it took the same pattern as the Aimpoint.

When using a 3x magnifier and looking the optics the Eotech, Holosun and Aimpoint all appeared equally clear.  The Vortex & MRO weren't quite as crisp.

Battery life it seems like Aimpoint & the Holosun have a pretty big advantage.

Now, I haven't put the Holosun's through the rigor of multiple 3 gun matches (Tarheel is my local match) but it has been on my JP PCC gun for some time and has held zero (did replace the mount with an American Defense) and done well.  

I'll be interested to see what else the company has in store down the road as the technology seems to be pretty solid.  Just need to see if it holds up over the long term which the other companies have proven they can.