Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ accushadow mags

jstagn

I've been very happy with the Mecgar 17 rounders with the anti friction coating.  Buy from Greg Cote here:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-magazines-c-173/cz-75b-cz-85b-cz-75-sp01-17-rd-9mm-afc-mgcz7517afc-p-591.html

Springer Precision Base Pads here:

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=252&categoryId=42

I stick with the Mecgar springs/followers.

i do same as tyler. nickel 17rnd mags, stock follower, +10% spring from anyone (wolfe, czc, ect), springer base pads. ends up meaning you're paying like $65 ish dollars for each production mag.

i use the stock 18rnd sp01 mags for practice and dry fire with no issue. the other mags are match only.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, ItsCZas123 said:

Good info once I have time to get involved with USPSA I will buy some of these. How many magazines do you need to compete? I a assuming you would need a spare or two as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For uspsa the max round count for a stage is 32 rounds. Being able to carry 50 rounds is good but 60 is better. If you are asking about a shadow. Most likely you are competing in production or carry optic. That limits you to 10 rounds in the mag. So plan on atleast 5 mags but 6 is better.

Also +1 on the mecgar mags and springer pads. Cant beat the quality for the money with springer.

Edited by Bullets

For uspsa the max round count for a stage is 32 rounds. Being able to carry 50 rounds is good but 60 is better. If you are asking about a shadow. Most likely you are competing in production or carry optic. That limits you to 10 rounds in the mag. So plan on atleast 5 mags but 6 is better.

Also +1 on the mecgar mags and springer pads. Cant beat the quality for the money with springer.

Thanks...just to be clear you can use higher capacity mags but are limited to putting in 10 rounds for production?

Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has the nickle magazines and you can add the shock bottle base pads when ordering.

http://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-sp-01-shadow-cz-75-9mm-17-round-nickle-plated-magazine-11155/

I have 11 mags and will probably bump that to 18 over the winter. For a match, I wear 5 on my belt.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Ben Stoeger Pro Shop has the nickle magazines and you can add the shock bottle base pads when ordering.

http://benstoegerproshop.com/cz-sp-01-shadow-cz-75-9mm-17-round-nickle-plated-magazine-11155/

I have 11 mags and will probably bump that to 18 over the winter. For a match, I wear 5 on my belt.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

What is the advantage of the nickel plated? What is shock bottle base pad?

Thanks

4 hours ago, ItsCZas123 said:

What is the advantage of the nickel plated? What is shock bottle base pad?

Thanks

Yeah I'd like to know if the nickel plating is worth the $$?!

Nickel slides out nicely, and doesn't wear like the regular mags.

I prefer the Springer Precision pads over the ShockBottle.

The ShockBottle is 2nd from right (on nickel mag), and SP is far right.
I have since gone with the SP pads.
3cd6fe4235587bda17f849ec9cff94ca.jpg

ShockBottle
4775388d3595d8b58783435cf7813642.jpg

Springer Precision
d39964ee7a37f23cce31b5230876aeec.jpg

Watch the fourms, mags come up.

Which is the only reason I have the nickel mags. I had some MG AFC mags from another CZ that I had, then sold the factory mags that came with my AS and bought more AFC mags.

Nickel slides out nicely, and doesn't wear like the regular mags.

I prefer the Springer Precision pads over the ShockBottle.

The ShockBottle is 2nd from right (on nickel mag), and SP is far right.
I have since gone with the SP pads.
3cd6fe4235587bda17f849ec9cff94ca.jpg

ShockBottle
4775388d3595d8b58783435cf7813642.jpg

Springer Precision
d39964ee7a37f23cce31b5230876aeec.jpg

Thanks for pictures I like the look of the SP base pads [emoji1303]

i too use the stock sp01 mags for dry fire and the nickel mec gars with springer base pads. yep, you're looking at 60ish dollars per mag. extra power spring $7, nickel mag 43, spring pads 15, so $65 before any shipping or taxes you might have to pay. my  nickel mags that are years old hardly show a mark except on the basepad of course. my stockers definitely look worn and the springs sacked out quicker.