Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Federal small pistol primers?

twister

Does anyone have a source for small federal pistol primers? Recently ran low, so I went to the lgs to pick some more up. The salesman told me they haven't seen any this year. Also told me the other brands are drying up quick. So, does anyone have a source for the Federals? Thanks for your help, Dave.

Go to Midway USA and have them notify you, you have to act quick.  But I scored 2 flats 2 weeks ago and I got the message at 8pm and didn't see it until 9am the next day and they still had them.  Same thing had happened 2x before in the previous month but they were gone when I checked at 9am the next day.

So they're out there just have to be patient and persistent.

35 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

Assuming standard hazmat fees ($25-30), how much would you guys pay per 1k if you found an online source?

Rounded up to the next $, midway got $343 for 2 flats, I think the price before hazmat was $31.79/m.  I think the price is up to $34.79/m now.  I'd not quibble.  Found them listed at other sites down to $28/m, but they never had any.

Midway is not always the cheapest, but they are consistent.  Graf's, Natchez and Widners sometimes have better prices, but haven't been able to find any for quite some time.

Remember the Hazmat fee won't increase for multiple flats.  So the 2 flats I got only had 1 hazmat fee.  So the price I paid with hazmat for 2 flats came out to be $34.30/m.  There is a limit of how many flats per fee, but I don't remember what it is.

Edited by pskys2

I just picked up 5,000 Federal SP primers at the last gun show I went to.  $140.

He had more but I just picked up what I needed for the brass I bought a few months back (small primer .45 acp - hey, for the price I paid for that brass that no one want to fool with, I couldn't pass it up).

If primers are beginning to be hard to find I might have to buy some more next weekend at the next gun show.

Edited by M1A4ME
added description

Can't find Federals, so I have been using Winchester SP.  Have not had any issues with WSP, plus they come packaged so that you dont have to shake them to get them all facing in the right direction.

think people are starting to hoard again with the election coming up... will get worse if HRC wins...