Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stages: 2015 & 2016 Production Nationals

CAB33

Just watched full videos from both 2015 & 2016 Production Nationals.

I guess shooting on the move is not part of stage design that is considered.

All the stages were box to box(you will shoot these from this spot then shoot those from that spot).

I know there are better stage designers out there because I  get to shoot better stages every weekend at local matches.

Maybe it's because the National stages are designed by one guy... and he does not even shoot anymore.

I shot Production Nats in 2015 and also this year. I thought this years stages incorporated a lot of movement with the possibility of shooting on the move. Much more than last year. Last year had several stand in a box and shoot stages. This year only stage one was stand in a box and shoot. Last year i think there were three or four.

18 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

7 hours ago, JGus said:

I shot Production Nats in 2015 and also this year. I thought this years stages incorporated a lot of movement with the possibility of shooting on the move. Much more than last year. Last year had several stand in a box and shoot stages. This year only stage one was stand in a box and shoot. Last year i think there were three or four.

By box to box I mean run stop shoot, repeat... not literal box to box.

Just by having targets visible coming into the position(and are not difficult no-shoot targets) is better and gives everyone the option.

A couple examples of a different style of stage design than run stop shoot repeat.

:

By having the targets visible from multiple places, that gives people the option to choose what they think is best for them: