Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pay attention

valerko

so.

I'm shooting local USPSA match , same place I just shot IDPA day before (smoked it).

first 2 stages ,I'm on the roll .3rd one I have a Mike, 4th one I'm way the F off  everything to the right , nice groups but waaaay to the right and some off the target. All 5 targets are like that.

Come to 5th stage, look down on my gun , just to notice my rear sight drifted half way to the right of the slide .

Ran to the truck , allan wrench and 2 minutes and I aced last 2 stages

next time use red locktite  lesson learned 

Been there. Mine was the front sight. I shot one stage horribly and 2 targets on the next stage. I finally just stopped and looked at my gun, front sight was about to fall out of the right side of the dovetail. Went to the safe area, took the front sight off and point shot the rest of the match. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I Drove almost three hours one way yesterday morning to shoot a USPSA Classifier match in Custer Wa.

At 5:30 am when I left U.P. I completely forgot to load my SS rig in my car........It was on the pile to go out the door but somehow I left it.  So almost 3 hours later when I got to the range I had no holster, belt or mag pouches. 

Of course USPSA rules you're not going shoot SS stuffing the pistol in your belt. 

A good Buddy of mine had surgery on his thumb like 3 months ago....hasn't been able to shoot. He was healing, rehab etc....

I was Lucky as Sh*t! that He was at the match...His first match since his surgery. He had an extra standard pants belt (HarleyDavidson of course), BladeTech holster and two doublestack mag pouches for a Glock 17.

It truly is a miracle that with some minor adjustment and tape so the screws wouldn't fall out into the sand they worked just fine with my PM9.

Thanks to Rich, I moved up a class In Single Stack Division USPSA.

It would have been a really,,,, long,,,, drive home......

Thank You Rich Tada !!!!!!!

I've done the exact same thing...had the inner belt, no outer belt with holster, mag pouches, etc....Luckily, I was only 30 minutes from home and had enough time to go get them.

We get so caught up in the shooting part, we forget the rest of the stuff needed to do the shooting part.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 10:28 PM, valerko said:

next time use red locktite  lesson learned 

I have found that red works the best for front sights. I have used blue but it eventually comes loose and nothing is worse than loosing a front sight in the middle of a stage!

I was on my way to the Fall Classic in Rolla one year. I got about 4 hrs into the drive and had an "oh crap" moment. NO rig and I'm not a small guy. I was lucky and found another shooter about my size that had extra stuff. Saved the whole match for me. Haven't forgotten it again!

I've driven to the range (37 miles) and found I forgot the base to hold the target holder - had

Everything else - luckily, someone there wanted to sell one that day, so, now I have two.   :) 

BUT, the worst, was packing up to go home (another time), I left my shooting pail, filled with

three 140 STI mags - just left it at the range.   Fortunately, the RO found it and put it away

for me - picked it up, quickly, the next morning.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Went with a group of inexperienced shooters to a public range.

Somehow my Kydex EGA mag pouch with 2 Glock 17 mags in it was either left there when we left or "disappeared" while I was busy coaching one of the new shooters.

Called there and no mags or pouches were found.

Really burns my buttons.