Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 washington state idpa blade-tec

jlchevy

4 hours ago, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

Also, the overall match winner was Nils (duh) who shot the match wth enough spare room to get two FTDR's and still win. Lol

Wait.  What?

5.6 Disqualification (DQ):
Disqualification means the shooter may not continue in any part of the IDPA match, may not reenter in another division, and may not shoot any side matches. The shooter’s score will be reported as DQ. A shooter must be Disqualified for the following reasons:
5.6.1 Unsafe firearm handling as defined in the Safety Rules Section.
5.6.2 Receiving more than one FTDR during a single match.
5.6.3 Unsportsmanlike conduct
5.6.4 Violations of the Shooter’s Code of Conduct
5.6.5 Shooting at a steel target that is less than 10 yards from the shooter.

I have worked the Washington state match for the last 10 years in quite literally every every capacity possible, and while my involvement this year was limited, and the "fishy" implication is insulting.

no one, and I mean no one, outside of Euan's stats team sees the match results until they are handed to the MD. The final scores and standings aren't even assembled until literally minutes before. Trust me, I have tried to get a "sneak peek" and it just doesn't happen. Euan (and his predisessors) have far too much integrity to let possibilities such as the one previously suggested occur.

also, in regards to the comment that essentially asked why the stage wasn't properly paced off, I would point out that the match ended up being a bit short handed this year for setup. Yes, one could observe that this type of oversight shouldn't happen, but then at the same time it is more often the people who DO NOT show up to help that make the most noise when things aren't perfect. This is still a volunteer sport and the discount on the match fee for staff doesn't even cover the cost of fuel expended over five days of driving back and forth. We all do our best with the resources at our disposal. If more people would step up and help, we would have a far better chance of this type of error never occurring.

maybe people's response should be "can I help next year?", not "why didn't....?"

Jeff you are so right on the cost of working a match this year republic of texas match took 3 day away from work a 100 mile a day commute for 6 days when it was a 1 day match and entry  was only 125. Buy they are using one of my stages at the national. 

• 2 years later...
On 8/25/2016 at 1:18 PM, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

What's up rowdy? Hope all is well out on your end...

Anyway, to clarify as much as I can about the stage getting tossed. My shooting team and I s#!t the entire match on Saturday... That night, we talked about the stages over dinner, one guy said he had a feeling that stage was illegal, even though he shot well on it... Later in the evening one of our team members texted and said he found the rule, 6.7.2, we all checked it, he was right. Next day we headed out to the match, we decided we were going to bring it up to the match director, even though all of us actually shot the stage really well.
When we arrived, they were around 2 hours ahead of schedule, and scores had been posted, we still went and told the match director, and as it was going down, I went and checked the scores... It moved me down TWO places, and the guy who found the rule went down as well... He was the fastest on our team and switched with our team captain because of it. (He still won CDP EX, but it was a margin of like 40 seconds, no one stage could effect that) one member of our team did move up a spot... But I think the big switch-a-roo that has caused the most upset is for the SSP Division... But I am still extremely proud of Chris Sailer, who came out as the overall winner... It's amazing to
Be that young (16) and being able to edge out Campbell, one of the best shooters I've ever known.

Also, the overall match winner was Nils (duh) who shot the match wth enough spare room to get two FTDR's and still win. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha, just saw this.  This was a fun match bro

• 2 months later...