Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Members under 50 posts issues with classifieds

GrumpyOne

I've gotten a pm from a member with less than 50 posts saying that he can see the classifieds, but he has no reply options (no top or bottom "reply to topic" buttons)...says he is using Chrome and tapatalk...

Any other "un-classified" members have the same issue?

Thanks

GrumpyOne BE Forums Moderator

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just joined recently, but I was able to both see and post in the classifieds in the last week.  Maybe that was before you set this new restriction.  I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, and I can understand not being able to start a new thread to sell stuff before 50 posts, but not being able to see the classifieds or post that you want to buy something is a bit unfortunate.  It makes it a bit more difficult for members like me who are just getting into 3 gun and would rather save some money by picking up used items here in the classifieds

When I noticed that the classifieds were gone, I looked at my browser history and clicked on a post I had been reading in the classifieds yesterday, hoping that it would direct me to the classified forum even though I couldn't see the forum in the menu.

I got this error message:

"

Sorry, there is a problem

You must have 50 or more posts before you can start a thread in the Classifieds Forum. Please check your post count and read the complete Rules for the Classifieds Forum before notifying the Admin Staff.
In addition, before starting a topic in the Classifieds, your Profile must contain your full name and the city and state in which you live. Thank you.

Error code: 2F173/H

"

This was just while trying to browse, not while trying to post.  But I do have less than 50 posts.

Edited by Dlister70

I cannot see them anymore either.  That's the main reason I join a lot of these forums is to browse the classifieds sections.  I don't care that I cannot post for sale threads yet but I do like to view them and can msg someone if I want to buy something.  Guess ill move on to other forums then :/

5 minutes ago, xrrcr said:

Ditto here, bought some brass a few days ago. Now nodda.

I thought you used to have to register to see but 50 posts to post an ad ??

That was how it was before the upgrade. This new upgrade has caused a lot of issues for Brian. We just need to be patient as he gets it all sorted out. 

In my point of view, it is very unfortunate, if not a bad idea, to not let people see the posts.
Me, for example:
This is my first post, but I'm reading (and learning) from other people's posts for at least 2 years.
And sometimes, a selling post give us, foreigners, an idea of the street value of the tools of our sport.
So, my 2 cents is: please let us SEE (and respond, if it happens to be the case) to classifieds.

Thanks,

Carlos Lima
Brazil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk