Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Request For ShotCoach "Can You Count"

Gooldylocks

Hey everybody. So we just had the Columbia Cascade Sectional Championships, and "Can You Count" was the classifier.  Could someone with shot coach plug in this video so I can see what my draw, splits, and reloads were? 

I don't know if this is possible, or if I would need to send the original file to someone or what, cause I have never used Shot coach before.

Thanks in advance peeps!

Edited by Gooldylocks

I'd be happy to do it, but I only use shotcoach on my iphone (I mainly run training vids through it to get some stats). I've no idea how I'd get a utube vid onto it. :(

I will say that it's a pretty good app and very useful for analysing your game and seeing where and why you loose time. If you have an iphone I'd strongly suggest buying it. It's pretty cheap from memory (maybe $5?). Plus Max seems like a good guy so I don't mind throwing a few bucks his way. :) 

100% on that classifier is all A's with 3 seconds flat per string. This classifier is all about rocking the gun handling stuff (Draw & Reload). Nice work!!!

Thanks man. I knew I could do it from my dry fire and live fire last week, if I could execute on match day. But I definitely still surprised myself a little bit!

I've emailed you both runs in shotcoach. It shows a 0.73 draw and 0.86 reload on string 1 and then 0.74 draw and 0.89 reload on the second string. By the shot coach time they are 2.87 and 2.91 second strings. averaging 0.16 splits for both strings. best split a 0.14 in string 1 and a 0.15 in string 2. Slowest split was a 0.17 in string 1 and a 0.20 in run 2. 

smoking hot!

2 hours ago, BeerBaron said:

I've emailed you both runs in shotcoach. It shows a 0.73 draw and 0.86 reload on string 1 and then 0.74 draw and 0.89 reload on the second string. By the shot coach time they are 2.87 and 2.91 second strings. averaging 0.16 splits for both strings. best split a 0.14 in string 1 and a 0.15 in string 2. Slowest split was a 0.17 in string 1 and a 0.20 in run 2. 

smoking hot!

Thanks dude, I appreciate it! The official times were 2.87 and 2.88, so that is pretty right on. I'm pretty happy with those numbers :cheers:

cool. shot coach is not bad. the only time it really seems to go off a bit is when the distance between the shooter and the camera change during the vid. this obviously only happens in 3rd person vids. When the shooter is close to the camera (usually beginning of the vid) the visual shot happening and the sound spike that SC recognises as a shot are basically together. if it's a field course and at the end the shooter finishes 20 meters further away there is a slight time lag introduced with that distance (sound travelling much slower than light) and also shot peaks are not as pronounced and run together a little. then it gets a little funny.

the other one is a long string of shots together (like your vid with 5 shots together). I had to clean it up a bit as it missed two splits doing the auto shot marking.

You might be able to upload them via photobucket if youtube won't do it? Anyway, as long as they worked for you. :)

cool. shot coach is not bad. the only time it really seems to go off a bit is when the distance between the shooter and the camera change during the vid. this obviously only happens in 3rd person vids. When the shooter is close to the camera (usually beginning of the vid) the visual shot happening and the sound spike that SC recognises as a shot are basically together. if it's a field course and at the end the shooter finishes 20 meters further away there is a slight time lag introduced with that distance (sound travelling much slower than light) and also shot peaks are not as pronounced and run together a little. then it gets a little funny.

the other one is a long string of shots together (like your vid with 5 shots together). I had to clean it up a bit as it missed two splits doing the auto shot marking.

You might be able to upload them via photobucket if youtube won't do it? Anyway, as long as they worked for you. [emoji4]

Oh I'm not worried about posting it. But I do wish that Shot coach was available for Samsung :/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk