Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from AZ

ItsCZas123

8 hours ago, dthomas1003 said:

Welcome and when you get your pistol, come join us out at Rio Salado. Great group of people there and fun matches.

I will do that I think Phoenix Rod and Gun Club have them as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On August 14, 2016 at 4:25 PM, ItsCZas123 said:

I will do that I think Phoenix Rod and Gun Club have them as well.

PRGC was in search of a Match Director last time I checked. All USPSA events had been cancelled until further notice. Ben Avery on Thurday nights is a good time. Welcome.

Edited by Hupperware

PRGC was in search of a Match Director last time I checked. All USPSA events had been cancelled until further notice. Ben Avery on Thurday nights is a good time. Welcome.

Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRG can be very hit or miss. Lots of matches come and go there. Feels very political and lacks real club support. 

When they do have matches they are friendly and generally run smoothly.

Edited by fastluck13

PRG can be very hit or miss. Lots of matches come and go there. Feels very political and lacks real club support. 

When they do have matches they are friendly and generally run smoothly.

Is Rio Salado a better choice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not shot Ben Avery as it is on the wrong side of town. Depending on where you are, Avery and Rio are good choices. People move to AZ to shoot Rio...just saying...

Flagstaff, Tucson, Payson, prescott, Havasu, and Yuma all have matches too if you are outside of the valley.

22 hours ago, ItsCZas123 said:

I may have to try Rio I think they offer a course for beginners

There are several...intro to steel, action shooting 101, and Tuesday Night Steel all are good places to start.

there is a new shooter class every Tuesday at 6. Good guys and supportive of new shooters

There are several...intro to steel, action shooting 101, and Tuesday Night Steel all are good places to start.

there is a new shooter class every Tuesday at 6. Good guys and supportive of new shooters

Good to know...thanks for the response

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:53 PM, fastluck13 said:

I have not shot Ben Avery as it is on the wrong side of town. Depending on where you are, Avery and Rio are good choices. People move to AZ to shoot Rio...just saying...

Flagstaff, Tucson, Payson, prescott, Havasu, and Yuma all have matches too if you are outside of the valley.

Yuma MatchMasters is an awesome group of guys! I try to make the monthly 3-gun just shot this month. 1st Sunday of every month.