Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trubor

Shooter94

I have owned 2 9mm TruBor's for past decade - super gun - lots of fun - very accurate (see 50 yard group).

Very personal, but the ONLY change I truly value is the slide racker - saves your hands from being

cut during fast racks, and keeps the gun off the table for table starts - and is a Very Fast way to

rack the gun, when necessary.

9mm, all the way.

Whatja gonna do with Your TruBor?

50 yards.jpg

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

I chose the matchmaster over the trubor as my first pistol and I've liked it a lot so far. I shot my first year of competing with a friend's trubor but I always thought of it as too heavy and sluggish. The matchmaster is quite the opposite, happens to fit my hand like a glove. Sure, it recoils a bit more but with factory ammo (no reloading equipment yet) the MM beats the Trubor hands down. Not sure how it compares on major ammo, can't compare properly since my friend made a custom grip to his pistol a while ago. Doesn't fit me at all so I can't give a proper opinion on it.

Here you can see my MM @ 480fps running S&B bulk

MCKi5kM.gif

Edited by Janskis

On 13/08/2016 at 8:09 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Did the stock parts maintain a 2 lb pull for a lengthy period of time?

Stock parts will last just fine. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them.  Sub-2 lb pull is no problem on stock sti fire control parts. 

• 2 weeks later...

I run a Match Master in 9 major and really like it. As far as magazines go the stock mags will run just fine but if you want am upgrade and some more rounds look into the MBX mags. I haven't had one feeding issue with them and I can get 29 rounds plus a barney with the MBX's. The only issue I've found with them is they don't like shorter factory length rounds, which a none issue for me since my major rounds are a bit longer. So if you'll be shooting factory ammo they might not be the right choice.

On 14 augustus 2016 at 2:09 AM, Hi-Power Jack said:

Did the stock parts maintain a 2 lb pull for a lengthy period of time?

I have a < 1,5 lb pull in my gun with stock STI parts holds up for more than 30000 rounds at this moment .

if a trigger job does not hold for a long period of time its mostly not due to the used parts but to who did the trigger job .