Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

From completely new to hopefully GM?

SlvrDragon50

Yesterday was an extremely fun stage. It was my first time getting to really shoot the Shadow 2 quickly and practice reload running full speed. I really like the frame and grip and I feel a lot better with my DA pull, but I think I went too fast yesterday. I got a LOT of C and D hits. The thing I noticed was that I was taking shots when my sights weren't completely aligned. Unfortunately, I have like no practice shooting rapidly so this was a very new experience for me shooting 4 targets in a fast array like this.

My first two runs were my best scores, but I was told that as a right handed shooter, I am supposed to go left first then right. I had planned that, but my right foot jumped the gun and I went right first both times. The 3rd run was really good but ended up being a re-shoot because of unpasted targets. The 4th run I don't know what happened. I don't think I was going that fast, but I was shooting everything into the C zone. The 5th run was pretty good except for the 1 miss. I hesitated because I thought I missed (which I did), but I didn't take another shot.

rIqdLtt.png

The top 3 scores in production:

AvxbPC7.png

So they were shooting faster and more accurately than I was.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot way better today after slowing down and really making sure I saw the sights! Lots of NS today and didn't hit any!

1-Andrew Hua 100 70 52 4.5296 11.48 Limited 10 U   MINOR   6 3 4 1 0 0 0
2-Andrew Hua 97.08 67.957 54 4.3974 12.28 Limited 10 U   MINOR   6 6 2 0 0 0 0
3-Andrew Hua 75.21 52.6437 55 3.4065 13.21 Limited 10 U   MINOR   8 2 3 0 1 0 0
4-Andrew Hua 65.59 45.9135 51 2.971 13.8 Limited 10 U   MINOR   8 1 2 2 1 0 0

Top 3 production scores for reference

1-Jason Anglin 100 70 58 4.9404 11.74 Production C   MINOR A99831 8 1 5 0 0 0 0
2-Ryan Clouse 96.96 67.8747 56 4.7904 11.69 Production B   MINOR TY76849 8 2 3 1 0 0 0
3-Neil Johnson 86.06 60.2419 50 4.2517 11.76 Production U   MINOR   6 1 5 2 0 0

Run 1.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

• 4 weeks later...

Today was not so good. It was my first time out with my Scales 2.0 which I think will work for me. I'm getting used to my finger getting crushed.

I had 4 runs today. 2 runs were ruined by FTE. 2 runs went okay except I hit NS. 

This is my 3rd run with a FTE. I should have just ditched the target and moved on, but the FTE pretty much takes the run out of contention anyways. I'm definitely getting faster at clearing these malfunctions, but I need to remember to rack the slide after putting in a fresh mag.

4th run:

Went pretty well except for the NS on the far left target resulting in -20 pts. Otherwise it was a good run.

Sooooo. I need to fix my FTE issue quite badly :(

• 1 month later...

Took a long break due to my PhD dissertation work.

Did pretty well today with three runs all around 4.64 HF (above average). Had one bad run because of a mag that failed to drop and a botched reload. 

TtAy44w.png

9AQILJM.png

Pretty happy with my results. Oddly enough, I thought I did worse as i slowed down, but it looks like I did better though only offset by the single penalties. The one NS I had was right on the edge of the perf on the left target. I stumbled in and probably took the shot too early as I had accidentally went for a reload when I shouldn't have.

• 1 month later...

Had my first outdoor match today which went quite poorly! I think there were definitely some nerves, and the lack of shooting and even dry fire over the past 3 weeks certainly didn't help! That said, I was able to do a lot of shots I normally don't do at the indoor range, and it was a reminder that I have a ton to learn and a ton to practice.

I just started reloading my own ammo so I will hopefully find a bit more time to practice. Also, I joined a new outdoor range where I can finally draw from a holster and practice shooting fast!

• 5 weeks later...

Been so incredibly busy with school recently, only shooting once a month with practically zero dry fire. Went to another outdoor match with a total of 10 hours of sleep over the previous 2 nights.

This was a ton of fun to shoot! Unfortunately the match didn't go well for me getting a 0 on the classifier, and running out of ammo on the last stage due to a reshoot... That said.. I think this was my first stage win ever even with the miss!

uoEh5rQ.png

Kinda disappointed on the Texas star since I got it going real fast with no movement, but shooting low targets isn't something I really practice, and I had my sights misaligned during the last few shots of the mag. I hesitated on the mag reload because I couldn't remember if I had an extra mag on me (low ammo), and I was also taking a look to the left to  see if I had A hits (I didn't, 1 M). I had one M in the middle array because I just barely nicked the hard cover unfortunately otherwise my score would have been way better! I hadn't shot in over a month so I'm still very happy with how I did. I have to relearn my draw stroke as I've tightened down my holster a lot now. 

I gotta work on transitioning faster too. I noticed in this video that my body movement is too slow. I also make waaaay too many mikes. My time is consistently up there with #1 guy, but I just miss too much. That said, I also sabotaged my score on the classifier because I had 2 NS on the first string of the classifier and decided to just full speed the second string and got Ms. It MAYBE would have moved me up one position, but realistically it makes no difference in terms of actual performance.

LG9ovPk.png