Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

State, Area and National CRO QUESTION

Onepocket

Magwells are not allowed in Production. A plug is legal as long as it does not extend below the grip forming a pseudo-magwell. You can also do some lateral work as described in the rulebook.

Edited by Gary Stevens

I don't have my rulebook handy ( shock shock) but if I remember correctly internal modifications are limited to lateral not front and rear. Read the book and see if it fits within the rules.

Ok had to look. It says longitudinal may be 1/4 inch more. Only DNROI can give you a specific legal answer.

Edited by Gary Stevens

I would not use those experiences as evidence of legality.

Gary's advice to check with DNROI is sound. If already asked but no response, I suggest you try again since I know he was out of touch for over two weeks recently due to minimal internet access.

This was hashed out years ago. There should be a few threads on it. Back then it was ruled as an internal mod and therefore legal.

It's a shame that the rulings made about these kinds of things haven't been written down somewhere for future reference.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I hear you.

Truth be told...the mod actually isn't worth it in my opinion. My reload times are faster with plug installed. The plug gives me something to index the magazine on.

This was hashed out years ago. There should be a few threads on it. Back then it was ruled as an internal mod and therefore legal.

It's a shame that the rulings made about these kinds of things haven't been written down somewhere for future reference.

Actual rulings are published on uspsa.org

Normally they are then incorporated into a new rulebook when published.

E-mails, text, phone calls etc. can be advice, but not rulings.