Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Greetings from Area 5

TheSandMan491

Hi Folks

I've been shooting USPSA for a little under 2 years. Started out at my local indoor shooting range that has 1 stage matches on week nights. I took an RO class earlier this year with Ray. Single stack is my main game, but i am curious to try others. I have shot 3 majors to date, and have 3 more planned this year. I load 40 major on a 650.

Hi guy I've never met, glad to see another Area 5 shooter here. Do you know my buddy, he wear shorts and shaves his head to cut down on wind resistance. Super slick with a 1911 and usually able to count to 8?

Welcome aboard, Sandman :)

Sounds like a great start - how did you do at the 3 majors?

Thanks!

My first major was the Illinois sectional in 2015. Enormous learning experience. It was a bit of a mess as I had a few parts break and my gun was overweight so I was bumped to open. D'oh! I now have a very robust spare parts kit and weigh my gun regularly.

My next was the Indiana SSTK/Prod/Revo match. I shot it a little conservative and ended up 5th in my class (C at the time).

My next was SSTK Nats. I shot a pretty good match but that was paced different than any match I had shot to date, so I really took my time on the longer shots. It was a good time though.