Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Geiselle 3G in PCC won't reset

Tech32

I put a geiselle 3G trigger in my JP 9mm lower with a JP 9mm bolt. The trigger won't reset if you hold the trigger back and rack the bolt. It's like the bolt doesn't push the hammer down far enough to engage the disconnector. If you let go of the trigger it resets fine. How do I fix this?

Tested it this morning and it is intermittent. Talked to JP and they said the pad on the bolt isn't pushing the hammer down quite far enough on its way by. Live fire must give the hammer enough momentum to get below the disconnector and catch..... sometimes. They also said that geissele would tell me that the trigger isn't compatible.

Next question is what trigger have people found compatible?

Tested it this morning and it is intermittent. Talked to JP and they said the pad on the bolt isn't pushing the hammer down quite far enough on its way by. Live fire must give the hammer enough momentum to get below the disconnector and catch..... sometimes. They also said that geissele would tell me that the trigger isn't compatible.

Next question is what trigger have people found compatible?

I use a JP trigger, DPMS hammer,and ramped bolt in my 9mm AR

I have an mpx and was told the 9mm round is to violent for the aftermarket trigger.  Not sure I understand why that Is. I would like to try one in the mpx as the stock one kinda sucks 

chris

Would it be fair to say you have an MPX and you were told that the 9mm round is too violent for an aftermarket trigger?

1 hour ago, Schultztec said:

I have an mpx and was told the 9mm round is to violent for the aftermarket trigger.  Not sure I understand why that Is. I would like to try one in the mpx as the stock one kinda sucks 

chris

Or get an Elftmann. They've stated that their triggers are still covered under warranty even if used in an MPX.

I had the same issue with a psa bolt and qc10 lower. If you really want single stage, same as I did, I went with the timney 3lb single stage. I still would rather have the Gisselle but it is still a good single stage trigger. 

Also I do know that even when the S3G trigger won't work, a Giesselle Super Semi-Automatic will. The hammer design is different between the 2. The SSA hammer is pushed far enough down to engage the sear while the S3G is not. 

• 2 months later...