Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WSF anyone using it?

Jody Waring

I picked up an 8 pound jug for a good price. Anyone using it, and do you have any supplications where it works best? I load 9mm, .38 Spec, .40, .45. I though I read once someone using it for 9 major? Thanks for any input.

Love it, IMO non spikey powder when you are looking for pushing projectiles that are heavy toward max pressure. I use it primarily for pushing 165 gr. Bullets in 9mm. It is a very versatile powder.

WSF is my favorite powder for 9mm, used behind coated lead 124 gr and 147 gr projectiles. It's a little dirty when loaded for minor, but it's been the most accurate powder in my guns (Glocks). It's a slower burning powder, but I prefer the recoil impulse compared to faster burning powders like VV N320.

Love it, IMO non spikey powder when you are looking for pushing projectiles that are heavy toward max pressure. I use it primarily for pushing 165 gr. Bullets in 9mm. It is a very versatile powder.

How mush WSF are you using behind those 165 grain bullets? There isn't much published info on 9mm that heavy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I've posted some of my WSF load data here:

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?showtopic=219293&hl=

I recently compared it back to back with some N320 test loads. Accuracy and consistency were a wash between the two, the N320 is a hair softer but for the price and availability considerations I'm sticking with WSF.

Edited by Jay870

• 3 weeks later...

I used to pretty much shoot titegroup exclusively for 40sw, but when everything dried up, I tried some WSF after researching the PSI ratings on various loads.  The WSF runs way less pressure for the same velocities, shoots softer than TG and runs cleaner.  In my experience, WSF likes to be run on the hard side though, when I dropped down to the 150pf range for some 3 gun loads, I noticed the velocity varied quite a bit, but still shot accurately.  When I switch over and play with 9mm or 45acp at medium to light loads, I prefer WST.