Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOK grips for EAA/Tanfoglio available yet?

EngineerEli

The subject about covers it. There was some discussion here a while back about the possibility of LOK making some of their G10 grips for Tanfo's. At least for me, they sound like exactly what I've been waiting for, but I've heard nothing recently. Has anyone handled any in person, are there any grip sets out there in the wild? Or, did the whole project go nowhere???

I always see CZ shooters raving about them, and I'm getting jealous!!!

Edited by EngineerEli

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a dealer. Give me a second.

See Below

http://forums.brianenos.com/index.php?showtopic=237505

I posted my interest over on your new thread. I'm in for at least one set.

If anyone else is reading this and is interested in a pair of these grips, make sure you go to the link above and post how many pairs you would be interested in. Its all about supply and demand, we need to prove our demand to the manufacturer in order to get any supply!

Edited by EngineerEli

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Dr Mitch said:

What is the difference between standard and palm swell?  Like factory and extra fat?  Or slim and factory?

Take a look at the grips from the rear, you see the swell in the middle for the palm, it makes them more comfortable to some. I prefer it. A lot of the most comfortable CZ grips come with this profile, the plastic and rubber ones. Many of the new aftermarket are completely or mostly flat which I and many others do not feel as ergonomic.

Link to CZ version of the grips on LOK's site

OK...

I sent in a few sets of grips off of my Limited and Stock 3.  They do not match the mock ups he had.  He used a standard framed gun to make the initial molds.  He is reworking them.  I still have 10 sets on order.  I am told a month to redesign.

13 hours ago, EngineerEli said:

Take a look at the grips from the rear, you see the swell in the middle for the palm, it makes them more comfortable to some. I prefer it. A lot of the most comfortable CZ grips come with this profile, the plastic and rubber ones. Many of the new aftermarket are completely or mostly flat which I and many others do not feel as ergonomic.

Link to CZ version of the grips on LOK's site

How big are your hands?  I've left the factory grips on my Stock 2 pistols due to large hands.  I suppose no one has tried any of these grips since they don't exist yet.

The palm swell sounds like a hot ticket.

Jayson @ LOK has done a fantastic job jumping in the competition market and building useful products. I worked with him on the CZ palm swell grips and I am certain the EAA grips will have the same quality. The anticipation is the worst part of the R&D process.   

16 hours ago, Kingman said:

OK...

I sent in a few sets of grips off of my Limited and Stock 3.  They do not match the mock ups he had.  He used a standard framed gun to make the initial molds.  He is reworking them.  I still have 10 sets on order.  I am told a month to redesign.

Something just dawned on me... If you sent him the grips off a stock 3, those are the newer version of the wood grips right? IMO the first generation wood grips were slightly more ergonomic. May be worth getting a pair of those over to him for consideration... Do others agree with my oppinion of new vs old Tanfo wood grips?

On 8/31/2016 at 1:21 PM, EngineerEli said:

Something just dawned on me... If you sent him the grips off a stock 3, those are the newer version of the wood grips right? IMO the first generation wood grips were slightly more ergonomic. May be worth getting a pair of those over to him for consideration... Do others agree with my oppinion of new vs old Tanfo wood grips?

The main issue he has to look at is the back side and fitment to the gun. 

I'm under the impression the fitment of the first and second generation factory wood grips on the large frame Tanfo Elite frames was the same... Should be interchangeable. The older ones just had a different external contour, more of a palm swell and a different checkering. I do like the smooth strip along the rear of the new grips though.

On 9/7/2016 at 8:43 PM, Kingman said:

I don't think he was starting with an elite frame based on our conversations.  I may be wrong, but that is what I am guessing.

Sorry for just seeing this post, I sure hope that is not the case. All of the guns of interest here use the Witness Elite frames, the Limited, Limited Pro, Stock II, and Stock III, are all Witness Elite guns. Same grips different lengths. (mag well or no mag well) That part of the description is often not mentioned in discussion, but that is what I mean. The only other versions are the Witness Elite Match frames, and the original Witness Steel frames, which in full size configuration, I believe use the same grips as the Match. I hadn't noticed the Elite Match guns did have the word "Elite" in there description still, which makes it a little confusing, but all the "Match" guns have different grips than the ones we are most interested in, listed above.

• 2 weeks later...