Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freshen up an old Glock?

Flatland Shooter

I have an old Gen 2 LE trade in I'd like to freshen up. The slide has lots of holster wear and the frame has numerous scratches and nicks.

I don't shoot it cause I just can't see the front sight anymore. So I'm going to give Carry Optics a try but I'd like it to look nice.

Does anyone know if Glock still offers their refurbishing program? And would they even consider working on a Gen 2 gun?

I did some searching on the web and everything I found is at least 5 years old.

Thanks.

Yes they'll work on your Gen 2. Slide refinishing is $45. A new frame is $100, but they'll replace your Gen 2 frame with a Gen 3, they don't make new Gen 2 frames to replace yours with. They'll also replace all/most of your old internal parts for free and if you send your mags along with the gun they'll refurbish those as well for free. Here's the link to their warranty form: https://us.glock.com/documents/GLOCK%20Warranty.pdf

If you're looking to do both the slide refinishing and new frame it might actually be cheaper or around the same cost to sell your Glock and buy a new one. Some people really like the old Gen 2s so depending on what model it is you might do pretty well selling it and then could buy an MOS Glock since you're planning on doing Carry Optics.

Another option. Find a GSSF match around your area and take it to the armorer on site. They will replace most of the internals. Then send the slide off to one of the many people who mill for a dot and have them cerakote it at the same time. Boom, new-ish gun.

Although I do recommend selling it and buying a new MOS one as well.