Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 USPSA Multigun Nationals

3 hours ago, ziebart said:

Taran was on my squad, he unholsered his pistol outside of a safety area.

It is important to remember that there are still a lot of things that are a DQ in USPSA MG that are not in other matches. Thanks Chuck for digging up past years. It does appear that we are doing better.

With USPSA, Outlaw, 3gun nation ect. It can be tough to keep all of the rules straight.......not a complaint just an observation. It seems a lot of folks weren't 100% on what the rules were. Great match regardless.

Edited by actionshooter

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's tough on the ROs too. I'd guess half normally only RO USPSA pistol matches and do this one once a year, simply based on the low number of USPSA MG matches. The others RO outlaw matches. The class is good, but it takes time to engrain the rules in. Even then there are issues, look how many posts the pistol rule subsection gets here.

I'm guessing Taran forgot he was at a USPSA match. They really went out of their way this year to try and avoid the issues that came up last year and at every outlaw match where people sweep each other with long guns. It is possible it confused some.

If you had a cart you needed to put it the safe area and then bring your baged guns from your car to the safe area to put them in the cart. As 25yr USPSA RO I still accidentally put my pistol on at my truck one day.Always back into parking at match to be safe

Z,

The only time I know I have been consistently swept by long guns is at the nationals by ROs clearing them that are so badly tunnel visioned they can't see what they are doing. They are so much in a hurry to clear that gun that they usually at a mimimum sweep the shooter and clock RO.

I attend a lot of major outlaw matches, and run a couple. Anyone sweeping anyone with any gun goes home at any outlaw match i have been to. To zero into outlaw matches like that comment is just wrong.

jj 

I, for one, had a blast shooting this match for the second year in a row.  I love the stage design, and Vegas is a great location for a match, although it does get repetitive and expensive! 

To the RO on Stage 10 who swore to the RM that I didn't hit the flasher... I have video evidence of me very clearly hitting the flasher, so be careful on what you swear on next time! 

And please remember that in USPSA, the RO's need to see the targets before you can paste, and they can't take your word for it.  Had to reshoot because of that.

Thank you to all of the sponsors for your support of the match.  I will always put you guys first in line when I'm spending money.

JJ,

There are numerous outlaw matches so I don't feel that I zeroed in on them. That said, I have shot more than a couple and each time people park their buggies and bags in the middle of the bay and pull guns out without paying attention to where they are pointed.