Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 USPSA Multigun Nationals

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what is this about Long Range rifle round count for MG Nat's?  Are we allowed to bring a precision Long Range rifle?  Is that expected?  Are they just bonus targets?

Thank You,

Jeff

7 minutes ago, JWS_61 said:

So what is this about Long Range rifle round count for MG Nat's?  Are we allowed to bring a precision Long Range rifle?  Is that expected?  Are they just bonus targets?

Thank You,

Jeff

In years past the longest range when the match was at Desert Sportsman range was about 425 yards for 12" plate.  I don't know about the Pro Gun range but I doubt they have much more than that available.

Thanks Ming for the info.  I don't see any mention of long range rifle in any of the stage descriptions so it is a little confusing to see it in the round count.

Thank You,

Jeff

Many of us run 55gr FMJ for close range (inside 100 yards), then switch to more expensive bullets (heavier, higher ballistic coefficient) for anything further away. They are just helping us decide how many of these "long range" loads to bring. You will be shooting the same rifle throughout the match.

I don't have that info, but Pete does not believe shotguns are rifles and slug shots are treated appropriately. figure 80 as probably the longest with 100 the absolute. I would anticipate more at min distance.

Question about walk throughs on Thursday.  Looks like with the exception of stages 1-5 in the morning, all the stages will be tied up with squads all day Thursday.  Will we be allowed walk throughs on Thursday at all?

Edited by GetAwayDriva

As long as there aren't squads shooting the stages you can walk them. Don't interrupt those that are shooting. Standard match/range etiquette applies. AFAIK no special rules prohibiting walking stages.

Edited by ziebart

8 hours ago, JWS_61 said:

At this range are we allowed to drive our vehicle to the stages or do we have to park in a parking lot and carry gear to the stages?

There is very limited space getting to the target bays.  There is SOME parking near the bays, like we use for local matches there, but I think a lot of the Nationals parking will be further away.  There is some parking and drop-off information on the digital book they put together that should have been emailed to you.  That's where I was reading about it.  Page 15: https://uspsa.org/2017multigun/

Edited by MAC702

You will probably be able to park north of bay 9, but it will depend on what the range is doing with that area. They have been known to blow up taxis up there so be careful driving as there are bits of metal scattered around perfect for popping a tire.

WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM PDT /1 PM MST/ THIS
AFTERNOON TO MIDNIGHT PDT /MIDNIGHT MST/ TONIGHT...

* TIMING...Winds will increase Thursday afternoon and diminish
late Thursday night with highest winds expected mid afternoon
through evening.

* WINDS...Southwest winds 25 to 35 mph gusting 40 to 50 mph with
gusts up to 65 mph in the higher elevations.

* IMPACTS...Strong crosswinds will make travel difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. Blowing dust and sand
may also be possible.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Wind Advisory means strong winds gusting over 40 mph can make
driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use
extra caution.

Good luck out there today :devil:

Taran was on my squad, he unholsered his pistol outside of a safety area.

It is important to remember that there are still a lot of things that are a DQ in USPSA MG that are not in other matches. Thanks Chuck for digging up past years. It does appear that we are doing better.