Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolver Holster for USPSA Production Division

varminter22

That is an easy one. Safariland makes the 568 which with the paddle provides a great holster for production or any other competition use. The price point is excellent and midway offers free shipping. The belt loop option does not ride as nice but allows you to use a belt wider than 1.50-1.75. The belt loop rides a bit higher and puts all the weight on one narrower location of the belt like many other holsters. The paddle distributes the weight.

On the heavier guns like the N frame or L frame , the older padded paddle(look in gun shows) is a great replacement for the current synthetic paddle.

Bladetech used to make one for a 5" N frame, and I'm sure comptac would. I'd call them both and ask how long each would take, and buy the faster one.

Don't forget, in production, revolvers can't have chopped hammers or aftermarket cylinder releases. And of course holster position applies.

Comp-Tac has a new competition revolver holster out. They have two styles, one for ICORE and USPSA Revolver division, the other for IDPA. I suspect the IDPA version would be fine for Production.

http://www.comp-tac.com/all-products/international-holster-10241?returnurl=%2fall-products%2fs-w%2f4-n-frame-slide-idpa%2f&make=s%26w&model=4%22+n+frame+slide-+idpa

5" M627.

I am interested in a couple of the holsters mentioned here. But I may just use my existing Kramer/Dillon leather holster; it may not be optimum, but will work.

The reason for this question? I primarily shoot Rev Div with a Safariland 002, but planning to shoot the M627 in Prod Div at the Western Nevada Pistol League (Reno) Silver Bullet Championship (Single Stack and Production Divs only) match in October.

Edited by varminter22