Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need powder help for major and minor loads

kmaultsby

I have been using 3.0 to 3.1 grains of WST with Bayou and BBI 180 grain with PF around 135 out of my XDM 5.25 and XD tactical. But was thinking try out limited 10 and limited in the future but I am worry about using WST for major loads which is temperature sensitive. I also have used Xtreme bullets for minor loads. Looking for powder that I can do both. Any recommendations or suggestions?

Been using WST for years and over 10k rounds

No problem at chrono to date I load it to 171-172 PF in the winter in the north east

It has never gone below 168-169 PF in the dead of summer

Been using WST for years and over 10k rounds

No problem at chrono to date I load it to 171-172 PF in the winter in the north east

It has never gone below 168-169 PF in the dead of summer

Well I worry more about the heat. Yesterday it was ninety one in southern California.

I use e3 for 40. It burns cleanly, meters beautifully, returns excellent SDs and exhibits no temperature sensitivity at all. I run it in my CZ 75 TS. OAL is 1.126". Primeres are CCI 500. Bullets are LTC, or poly coated TC 180gr.

With lead TCs, 2.8gr makes 139PF with SDs in the 6.7 range. 3.6gr makes 167PF with SDs in the 6.17 range. Although even the slowest round makes Major, I load hotter, just in case. 3.7gr makes 172 with lead TCs, 171 with Hi-Tek poly coated TCs and 176 with the slick, proprietary TCs. SDs for all are in the 6 to 8 range.

Another load my pistol likes is the 165gr Rainier plated TC bullet over 3.3gr e3 for 140PF.

SDs for the 155gr bullets range in the middle teens. The 135gr averages in the low 20s. My pistol has never liked the lighter bullets. That's okay with me, because I prefer to shoot 180s for Limited Major and the 180s and 165s in Minor steel, pins, plates, etc.