Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tunable compensators

Nemesis Lead

Hi Guys,

I know that there are a lot of AR compensator threads on Brian Enos. I am also very aware that there is no clear consensus on what the "best" compensator is and that the mere mention of the word "compensator" angers some folks.

I do have a specific request that is not really covered by all the compensator threads on Brian Enos. I am hoping to build a list of TUNABLE compensators. A summary of your user experiences (good and bad) with these compensators would also be terrific.

As always, your insights are greatly appreciated.

I used the ARES tunable comp for a while (the older model, not the newer one with more cutout areas). I liked it, but in retrospect I am not sure I ended up achieving any better results than I get with on out-of-the-box Titan or Gas Hog.

I used the ARES tunable comp for a while (the older model, not the newer one with more cutout areas). I liked it, but in retrospect I am not sure I ended up achieving any better results than I get with on out-of-the-box Titan or Gas Hog.

I've tried lots of different brakes and comps (not the Titan or Gas Hog) and I love the tunability of the Ares MKII Effin-A. I recently replaced all of my comps with them.

To answer the OP's question, I believe Odin Works has one out and I recently saw a picture of another brand, but I can't remember what it was.

If you're interested, I did a video of the install/tuning of the Effin-A comp:

Edited by TennJeep1618

I use the Atlas brake from Odin. I like it a lot. I made the switch from a popular brake that was very noisy. With the Atlas, I think that my rifle is just as flat as the other, but I also get a reduction in noise. It was super easy to tune, and they are coming out with a sleeve some time so you can play with your own designs. Armalite also has a tunable comp, but I can't speak on how well it works.