Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark7 650Pro Auto-drive - vid link making ammo..

For those who have been asking and talking about the Mark7 650Pro Auto-drive thought I'd share a video I took today loading 9mm ammo. This is a preproduction machine.

I hope to switch over to 223 tomorrow - if so I will post another video..

nice. I assuming you're priming in that cycle? how does it go for primer seating depth?

Yes priming with Winchester Small pistol primers.

Depth is good.

Can you make one for a LNL?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

already email mark 7 to see if they are planning one for a lnl ap but he said it's not in the pipepline

I agree with Mark7. As I own a LnL I simply do not think the press, actually the case feeder is the real issue, is reliable enough to warrant building an autodrive for it. If Hornady would solve the issues with the case feeder (upper pivot block wear and jamming, and case tipping as it is pushed into the shell plate) then automation is a possibility. The rest of the press works fine once you get it dialed in.

Good to see they are making the 650 run with an autodrive though. Good stuff.

I

• 2 weeks later...

Saw the videos yesterday. How much height does the autodrive add to the machine? From the looks of it, it is easily 6-8" higher than mine is, installed on my strong mount base. It also appears that the machine is not bolted down to a bench. Is there that much added stability that the press doesn't shake?

2 hours ago, mikeinctown said:

Saw the videos yesterday. How much height does the autodrive add to the machine? From the looks of it, it is easily 6-8" higher than mine is, installed on my strong mount base. It also appears that the machine is not bolted down to a bench. Is there that much added stability that the press doesn't shake?

I need to measure height. As far as bolting - the Mark7 bases holds both the 650 and 1050 quite well - no bolting needed in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 9:45 AM, Sdharleyrider said:

Is there a bullet feeder that will run cast bullets reliably enough to work with an auto drive. Mister Bullet feeder die gums up with Lube for me

Yhanks

Not traditional cast bullets...Maybe Hi-Tek coated bullets might work. I have a GSI and while I can get it to run cast bullets...most of the time...there is no way it could work under this level of automation.

• 2 weeks later...