Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

what ar mags do you use

barebones1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like pmags with the window. That way if I reload between stages, I do not have to unload the mag before loading it to make sure it has the right number of rounds.

Edited by Chip3

I have an assortment of Pmags as well; 20rd, 30rd, 40rd, etc. Some of the various pmag versions do not play well with some AR magwells. Also, for stages that require mandatory reloads, the steel mags drop very reliably...

I use P-mags of various configurations. single 30 rounders, coupled 30 rounders, 40 rounders, 30 rounders with a Nordic+18 extension. All depends on the stage and situation.

But its all Magpul for me.

20 round Pmag on my belt at all times, several Pmag 30's and 40's in the bottom of my bag somewhere and a Pmag 40 with TTI extension that's used 97% of the time. I use ASC SS mags in my longer range rifle so I can load to 2.31 with the heavy bullets.

I'm liking the Lancer mags. Poly body with steel feed lips. Lightweight, & the lips won't spread out. My 3 gun rifle has a tight magwell, & Pmags can be sticky in it. GI & Lancers fall right out. They be had in translucent to see remaining rounds.

Another Pmag user here (for .223 ARs). I use Gen 1, Gen 2 and Gen 3 30rd, some with windows and some without. I also have a few 40 rounders with TTI extensions. I use different color mags or baseplates for hoser stuff vs long range ammo. All of the Pmags that I have tried drop free from the carbines that I use regularly. I have had good service from Brownells aluminum mags as well. I use Armalite steel mags in my AR10.

Hurley

P Mags in 20, 30 and 40 with an extension. I prefer the extended 40's since the follower really doesn't leave the mag body. My +18 Nordic extensions are the orginals, with a cut up P Mag and aluminum coupler. Those can be a bit fussy at time.

Oh, and some old G.I. mags as well.

G.I. aluminium, had WAY too many P-Mags fail by cracked feed lips, rough internal surfaces causing nose dives etc. And when it is really cold....well most P-Mags don't. ;)

im testing some troy battle mags.. so far no issues

p mag 30 round gen 2...... no issues

still a big fan for gi mags/clone !!!! (i want more)

i have a few 20 thermold 20 round.... with very light usage... lips spread.... these are crap!!!!!

For single mags I use h&k steel 30s nothing I have found reloads or falls out as smoothly... a pair of gi style 20 rounders coupled with Aredondo mag couplers for where that is required, magpul 40 with extension or cproducts steel 40 with the orange follower. And when absolutely required (rarely) a genuine beta c-mag. I'd be interested in trying one of the magpul drums but haven't had the opportunity.