Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Seekins Precision Hard as Hell MultiGun 2016

I've started approving registrations for this year's Seekins Precision Hard as Hell MultiGun, and there's still some room left! Register at https://practiscore.com/2016-seekins-precision-purgatory-flats-hard-as-hell-multigun/register

Principle match information below, all match information will be posted as it's available to the match website: https://southernutahpracticalshootingrange.com/hah-hard-as-hell/

Any questions, comments or concerns regarding the HaH in 2016 please email me at brian@southernutahpracticalshootingrange.com

Hope to see everyone there!

Dates:
Match starts: December 2, 2016 @ 8:00 AM

Match ends: December 4, 2016 @ 5:00 PM

St. George, UT

Match Fee:
$200 per individual shooter

Register here for Hard as Hell: Practiscore Registration Page

Prize table is order of finish

Note that we have round restrictions now at our range. For instance, .308 isn’t allowed. These are:

• .223/5.56
  • 5.45x39mm (AK74 cartridge, as long as it’s NOT steel core or bi-metal)
  • .300 AAC BLK (blackout)
  • 6.5 Grendel
  • 6.8 SPC
  • 7.62x39mm (AK47 cartridge, as long as it’s NOT steel core or bi-metal)

Match has the following divisions:

Trooper, Limited, Open, Tactical Optics

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 7:56 PM, Brian N. said:

We will be repeating the full day format as last year.

As long as you make it HARD, and bring back the Cuban and Caribbean cuisine, I don't care what you do!

Edit-  I take that back, I need to include continuing to use stage points in lieu of total time in my list of requirements.

Edited by Bryan 45

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Deathray kinda got his wish but lets hope it aint 100 yards.  New e-mail today says we will face a slug spinner because someone from Kentucky suggested it..  I just wanna say I am one of the KY shooters but NOT the sorry SOB that suggested a slug spinner.

Huge shout out and thanks to Ken, Brian and the whole crew of RO's and people that made this match a success. This match was a blast and I will be back next year for sure. But for the guy who wanted a slug spinner, I am pretty sure you are off of a lot of people's Xmas card lists. Also thanks to all the companies that supported the prize table and Seekins Precision for the scratch cards.

It would be tough to pick a favorite stage.  1, 2, 4, 5, 8?   

4 probably made me the most physically tired, but 5 was close.  2 had cool props between the flash bang, foxholes, and trenches.  5 was some HARD pistol and rifle shooting.  1 had the furthest rifle and slug targets I've ever shot in a match.  (or shot at in the case of the slug target as I did not hit it.)  8 was a cool rifle position after a decent run through the desert on pistol targets.

Great job, Ken, Brian, Sam, and all the crew at HaH.  You guys know how to put on an event for the consumer.  This match is a MUST-SHOOT every year.

I have some video I'm uploading to Youtube, but the files are large, so here's a facebook video to hold you guys over that didn't make it.  

I loved stage 5.  It was a great blend of difficult shots for everything (especially when shooting it at 1700 like I did) complimented by a hill climb that would be very easy to eat dirt on.

Stage 2 was a great use of the Royal Arms flashbang and all together a fun movement focused hoser-esque stage.  None of the shooting was particularly difficult but the movement was, and that made it fun.  Move this stage to where stage 1 was at and have us shoot at advancing Huns at long range with the rifle and it would be absolutely perfect in my opinion.

Stage 9 was a great stage that suffered from lousy ROs. (my opinion after seeing bad calls on the rifle spinner and hearing one RO complain about how hard it was to see)  It was a simple stage yet still challenging due to goofy shooting positions.  The wheelbarrow was a nice touch.

I think Ken's  alpine slide idea has merit and would be an awesome match stage or even side stage where you have to make a donation to Toys For Tots or the like to ride it.  Or really drive interest with half the money going to TFT and half going to a pot for the best score. 

As far as improvements go, I can only think of two things for this year: more stupid primate tricks like dragging barrels or tires around and do more to put the ROs on a power trip when it comes to getting people to reset.  I was on squad 13, and we got screwed over due to squads in front of us not resetting.  The ROs need to threaten to DQ people who aren't doing what they should if it gets that bad (and actually DQ them if they don't shape up.)  I watched these squads in my copious free time (2 hour waits for a stage) waiting for them to finish and they rarely had more than 2-3 people actively resetting.  2014 and 2015 didn't suffer from this problem, and there were a LOT of first big match shooters at this event (the price of fame I suppose, because this match kicks ass) and many of them just didn't seem to know how much work it takes from the competitor to make something like this run smoothly. 

OK, maybe a couple of requests: can we have a flamethrower next year?  Or maybe a stage based on A Christmas Story where you have to engage targets with a Red Ryder before moving on to real guns?  Or maybe a Christmas Story stage with a flamethrower while on the alpine slide? (two hands, two ways to put your eye out)  Not sure how that would blend but I'm confident that you folks could make it work.

In any case, it was a great improvement over last year and reminiscent of 2014 as far as the shooting went.  I'll be there next year with my rubber snake prize, so keep your bags zipped.

Edited by Deathray

1 hour ago, Bryan 45 said:

Here are a few stages.

Dang Bryan - either you have one heck of an internet connection, or you stayed up all night long uploading videos!  It's almost like I was there, and I don't even have to clean all the dirt out of my guns.  :-)

What a great looking match - 

16 hours ago, Bryan 45 said:

Great job, Ken, Brian, Sam, and all the crew at HaH.  You guys know how to put on an event for the consumer.  This match is a MUST-SHOOT every year.

I couldn't have said it any better!  Thank you guys and your entire staff!

• 4 months later...

I have a question for anyone who participated in the trooper division. Did any of you weigh your packs? I'm trying to get an estimate on how much a guy would have to haul around all day before I commit to attempting it this year. 

On 5/4/2017 at 10:30 PM, Swanny10 said:

I have a question for anyone who participated in the trooper division. Did any of you weigh your packs? I'm trying to get an estimate on how much a guy would have to haul around all day before I commit to attempting it this year. 

I think my total load out between pack, vest, belt, and guns was 80-90 pounds.   Keep in mind under Trooper rules for HaH you're only carrying the ammo for one day; not the entire match. 

43 minutes ago, SinistralRifleman said:

I think my total load out between pack, vest, belt, and guns was 80-90 pounds.   Keep in mind under Trooper rules for HaH you're only carrying the ammo for one day; not the entire match. 

Thank you, sir. That's what I was looking for.