Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your SVI pics...

MissionaryMike

2 minutes ago, MHitchcock said:

Those are factory cuts. Can find many more examples via Google images.

Actually, if you look closely there are further lightening cuts within the Xcelerator serrations, that are common to SVI pistols. I have never seen cuts within those serrations before, and must not be common b/c it's the first I've seen this among the hundreds of SVI pics I've seen.  They might be from the factory, but are not common.  

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently acquired this beautiful SV 5.4" Sight Tracker.  Its my dream gun and it shoots like a dream.  I got it off the Enos Forum from a very nice member.  I have shot two matches with the pistol and I love it.

IMG_0837_zps7qrd0ujr.jpg

IMG_0839_zps6ku4weh1.jpg

30 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

Actually, if you look closely there are further lightening cuts within the Xcelerator serrations, that are common to SVI pistols. I have never seen cuts within those serrations before, and must not be common b/c it's the first I've seen this among the hundreds of SVI pics I've seen.  They might be from the factory, but are not common.  

My thought exactly, thank you. More pics would still be cool to see. I just did an exhaustive search and was unable to find any other SV with serrations with the lightening cuts through them like that.

31 minutes ago, 11287 said:

I recently acquired this beautiful SV 5.4" Sight Tracker.  Its my dream gun and it shoots like a dream.  I got it off the Enos Forum from a very nice member.  I have shot two matches with the pistol and I love it.

IMG_0837_zps7qrd0ujr.jpg

IMG_0839_zps6ku4weh1.jpg

That's a beaut...

29 minutes ago, EngineerEli said:

My thought exactly, thank you. More pics would still be cool to see. I just did an exhaustive search and was unable to find any other SV with serrations with the lightening cuts through them like that.

Eli, if done at the factory, I'm thinking it was a custom request.  You'll notice that there are four Xcelerator serrations on the slide itself.  I believe the options available on gunbuilder are three or five serrations, IIRC that is.

1 hour ago, MissionaryMike said:

Eli, if done at the factory, I'm thinking it was a custom request.  You'll notice that there are four Xcelerator serrations on the slide itself.  I believe the options available on gunbuilder are three or five serrations, IIRC that is.

I think the lighting cuts in the serrations are not done by SV. I can't find anything like that either from factory pics. I asked to do something different on my build with the rail cut and serrations and was told I couldn't. Prob some things they might do but others they stick to what they think it should be and not to get goofy looking with all kinds of crazy request. I just want my 5 serrations on slide to go through rail cut and have the little cuts on bottom like on most. Was told when you get 5 cuts on slide excelerator cuts and I went with cuts full length of frame that I couldn't do the slide cuts all the way through rail cut. And I can't find any pistol with what I wanted so I guess they stick to their quality control. 

7 hours ago, 11287 said:

IMG_0837_zps7qrd0ujr.jpg

IMG_0839_zps6ku4weh1.jpg

That is HOT! probably my favourite limited gun. the 5.4 with butler cut just look so good. :) great colour scheme too.

Thanks BeerBaron.  I have another custom built 2011 Limited gun on a PT frame and I have to say the build quality of the SV blows it away and I thought that one was a great gun.  I have never shot a Sight Tracker pistol before buying this gun.  I should have got one a long time ago.

I'm on the fence about ordering a new SV but I tell you one thing looking out all these beautiful guns it's really hard not to just hit the gun builder site and  order  away...

On 9/8/2016 at 10:33 AM, Posvar said:

That looks IDPA legal! How much does it weigh with empty mag? Plastic grip?

I don't know what it weighs and don't have a decent scale to weigh it but between the tungsten guide rod and Heavy Ice magwell it's definitely heavier than it looks.

• 5 months later...