Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your SVI pics...

MissionaryMike

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Plain Jane IMM 38SC.

See now I am thinking I should have gotten those diamonds. I got the regular, but otherwise similar design. I need to quit looking at guns.

I like the checkered diamonds, but I am a little partial to the ball nosed checkered diamonds.

The thumbrest is also on the correct side. Very nice.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, I've got a few pics. I've updated my old girl a little. swapped out the old (tungsten!) magwell for a dawson ice, new trigger insert, new scope mount (and change the hole pattern a little), cmore, brazos zigracker and a few small touches. I think it's brought it up to date nicely. :)

IMG_6163_zpsn0pjtnjc.jpg

IMG_6165_zpsuqbk4dqv.jpg

IMG_6164_zpsglhgjrxi.jpg

Edited by BeerBaron
fixing up the pics

8 hours ago, dansedgli said:

That looks pretty sweet BB. 

Thanks Dan. :)

for anyone interested I just put the fat girl on the scales. Even with the wide frame and long dustccover she is just 46 ounces in the new config. 

The side being an anorexic 9oz certainly helps as does plastic grip and titanium comp. 

im keen to see how it balances now. It still has steel full length guide rod and steel msh which is quite heavy. The racker is also steel and massive (to clear the scope). 

With an rts2 or deltapoint pro it would loose more weight. That'd also mean I could run the shorter zigracker. Alluminium guide rod and msh might be tried too. That should see it around 42oz. It already has titanium strut, main spring cap and trigger bow so nothing more to gain there. Could lighten up the rear of the slide a little more too but not much. 

conversely for more weight I could go back to the tungsten magwell or a steel grip. The tungsten magwell was about 12% of the guns total weight! But I think it'll be nice about as it is. :)

It's a new division at superstition mountain 3 gun annual match and Rio Salado monthly matches, the handgun can have optics but most fit in a box with the mag inserted, the shotgun can have optics but the feeding tube can only be certain length usually allowing 10 rounds, no mag fed shotguns etc. it's a fun division!

57 minutes ago, bokbok_05 said:

Goose, that's an elegant and clean looking SV.  Nice!

Thank you! I bought it on the classifieds here a few weeks ago. It was beautiful when I got it and I believe it was still setup exactly as it left SV. I replaced the sights (prefer fully adjustable rear and Dawson FO front), put on a reduced and double undercut STI grip, STI gunsmith blank trigger, Brazos mag button, and Dawson Heavy Ice magwell. Now I'm completely in love with it.

4 hours ago, Knp1288 said:

IMM in 38 Super and 5.4" in .357 Sig

14284969_10154387287140915_1601234401_o.jpg

I like the slide lightening cuts right in the cocking serrations on the Limited/Standard gun. Was that done directly from SVI, or after the fact. I was under the impression they don't usually do lightening cuts that go all the way through the slide at SVI. I'd like to see another picture of the front serrations up close if you can!