Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

looking for a PCC

bigdaddyZ

looking to start shooting PCC....thinking 16" and really leaning towards glock mags....where should I start looking? ive been to PSA (out of stock for a while).... Buds guns (no glock lowers)....really looking o buy a complete set up rather the build, but not strickly opposed to building....thanks for any input

JP GMR-13 is the way you need to go. Reach out to Ben Zimmerman at JP and he can walk you through the whole process of spec-ing out the carbine YOU want and it absolutely WILL work. Start on JP's website and use their gun builder process to get close and see the different options. Then call Ben with your build number and he can talk through it with you.

I have a GMR-13 with the 14.5" barrel and pinned comp. Unless you want to use a suppressor without paying an extra $200 to SBR the gun (and you can't use a suppressor in USPSA PCC) then go with the shorter barrel. A 9mm won't pick up much extra umph from a barrel longer than about 8-10".

Doug

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

I shoot a PSA lower in multi gun and wouldn't be afraid to try a PCC from them but they never have them instock.....if anyone on this forum has one for sale or a line on one please post up....I looked at the JP's and am still researching them....thanks for the info and suggestions so far

Slightly more recoil than either the MPX or a JP GMR-13 but with 9mm and a shoulder stock it's really splitting hairs. However, in comparison to the other two the design of the CZ is stupid simple. I have cycled load at ~120PF to ~160PF through it with various bullet weights and profiles and cannot get the CZ to choke. I plan on picking up the CZ custom trigger soon to see how it handles with a proper competition trigger.

If CZC's trigger holds up, I'd expect this to last a very long time.

I had the same question when I started and I put this together. Third page of this thread and 3 or 4 from the bottom post has a good list of everything I've found so far and they are listed with glock, Colt or proprietary mags 

And as a side note, the Jp is probably one of the heaviest ways to go since they don't machine the extra material off the lower where the mag is smaller than a standard 5.56/223 mag. And doesn't have a last round bolt hold open if that's something you're concerned with. 

On August 1, 2016 at 3:15 PM, wgj3 said:

JP GMR-13 is the way you need to go. Reach out to Ben Zimmerman at JP and he can walk you through the whole process of spec-ing out the carbine YOU want and it absolutely WILL work. Start on JP's website and use their gun builder process to get close and see the different options. Then call Ben with your build number and he can talk through it with you.

+1

If you decide to build I found a ton of in stock parts at joeboboutfitters.com they had new frontier armory stuff in stock. I didn't have many parts compatibility issues that some people have complained about. Actually only had one. You cannot use a Gisselle super 3 gun single stage trigger with any 9mm bolt, the bolt doesn't push the hammer down far enough to engage the sear. But I did find a working alternative single stage trigger in the timney 3lb single stage, although I really would have preferred the Gisselle. I went qc10 lower standard AR upper and psa bolt. I have seen good reviews on the new frontier armory stuff and probably would have gone that way if I knew about it at the time considering its almost half the price. 

I went with a New Frontier Armory Glock billet lower and modular bolt.... from MAS Defense an, Aero Precision upper,  YHM forend, and 16" barrel, 3 port comp from GuntecUSA... fooling with heavier rifle buffer in rifle tube with a piece of 1/2" brass rod wrapped with black tape that weighs about 6.2 oz...A1 stock... with a NFA bumper the installed unit locks back 3/8" behind the bolt catch... for under $800 without the Vortex SPARC included

Edited by Les Snyder

AIM Surplus has Faxon 9mm barrels on sale in 8.5",10.5", & 16". I also got an Anderson lightweight upper for $39 & a charging handle. PSA has Metalform 9mm mags for $19. Add a magwell adapter, hammer & bolt to complete it. 

15 hours ago, Les Snyder said:

I went with a New Frontier Armory Glock billet lower and modular bolt.... from MAS Defense an, Aero Precision upper,  YHM forend, and 16" barrel, 3 port comp from GuntecUSA... fooling with heavier rifle buffer in rifle tube with a piece of 1/2" brass rod wrapped with black tape that weighs about 6.2 oz...A1 stock... with a NFA bumper the installed unit locks back 3/8" behind the bolt catch... for under $800 without the Vortex SPARC included

That is kinda a lot of over travel. I would try and limit it to around 1/8". If not, you might end up with a broken bolt catch.

BBB...thank you for your concern...I didn't see the need for a LRBHO, and did not get an upper with the mechanism to activate it with a Glock pistol mag.... gets manually activated when I lock the bolt back to carry and show clear...

BBB... Shannon is allowing PCCs to shoot the USA Super Shotgun match next Saturday... will see how it works... have shot a couple of local matches, and still playing with the buffer weight... I went to a rifle length tube to try some heavier buffers.... regards Les   L747