Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SVI conversion barrels

sandflea316

Anyone choose the conversion barrel option when they spec out their pistol?

I had my 5.4" for about a month now and am thinking about getting a coversion barrel. Figure this is cheaper than a whole new gun or a top half.

Currently its a 9mm and I would like to have the option to shoot .40 for USPSA limited major.

I may be cheaper but not as easy , when you convert the gun you also have to swap out the breech face , ejector and extractor .

So if you are planning to switch often i would go for a topend in .40 or even a complete gun .

No the cool thing is you send in a deposit and you get to keep your gun while you wait. then when it is your turn they have you send in the gun. Four to six weeks and its back. The total length of time de[ends on the Parts needed for the upper build. I'm my case I had a 9 major built on a 5 inch site tracker in 40. It has a RMR mounted on the slide so I think it took a little longer. They were great to work with. .

They already quoted a price for a conversion barrel which is slightly under 1500. I would assume a complete slide is more than likely double that. That's more than I want to spend especially when my local shop (Triangle Shooting Sports aka Bennie Hill) can do a complete .40 2011 for 3000-3500.

presumably it's the barrel, the work to fit it to the slide (probably island barrel too), it is TiN coated, plus the new breach face, extractor umm that's about all I can think off. yeah it's expensive but probably $400 or so is labour? just guessing out loud!

Here's what they said they needed to do:

"

The cost of the caliber conversion is $1450.00 (DLC coated non-aet barrel) with refinishing of the slide/frame and other new components.

e will need measure the current barrel in the pistol and begin manufacturing of a similar tolerance barrel. We can send the pistol back to you once we have the tolerances of the current barrel.

Current lead times for barrel manufacturing is 6-8 weeks. Once completed we will contact you to send in the pistol for installation.

We will need the pistol for approximately 3-4 weeks to complete the installation and coating on the barrel."