Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore - Metric or Classic Targets?

RaylanGivens

Do any of you build USPSA stages with classic targets set as metric in PractiScore?

Someone came up to me yesterday during a match and said they were concerned that scorekeepers might be used to the metric column spacing and put the hits in the wrong column. They suggested that most people built all stages with metric targets regardless of the actual target type.

Do you guys use metric targets regardless of the actual target type?

Yes,

I know when I am setting up the match what stages have metric and classic targets and I set them up accordingly. the fun one is disappearing targets you have to set them as disappearing to get the no penalty mikes column to be active, but I normally don't want to make that active for all the targets (cuts down on errors) so I try to figure out how the ROs will be scoring the stage for left or right handed shooters and make the appropriate ones have NPM's available.

I have a quick Rant on this, For scoring targets B's and C's are interchangeable (verbiage from 9.1.4 For the pur-pose of this rule, B-zone and C-zone hits shall be considered one and the same.) so why do we even still have B's and C's Makes no sense to me just makes the head floppy on the target and scoring more complicated.

At some point there used to be something somewhere that Bs can be used to break a tie. But I don't recall the exact details and haven't seen it in practice.

That goes back to 9.3.1 in the 2001 rule book. It changed in 2004 to just a tie breraker and not B/C count.

No.

Also, that is not a smart solution to a fake problem. The person keeping score: if they can't get it right, fire them and replace with someone who can read.

Wow. Guess I need to turn in my tablets. I've been thrown off by this more than once and I thought I knew how to use PractiScore....

No.

Also, that is not a smart solution to a fake problem. The person keeping score: if they can't get it right, fire them and replace with someone who can read.

Wow. Guess I need to turn in my tablets. I've been thrown off by this more than once and I thought I knew how to use PractiScore....

Zack, how many times you've entered Ms instead of Ds?

No.

Zack, how many times you've entered Ms instead of Ds?

Never. My problem is on the opposite side. I tend to enter C's as B's after scoring a stage that uses metric targets after scoring one that uses classic targets.

I never had anyone mention this until Sunday's match... We had a lot of out of town shooters at this match... Not sure if that contributed to the problem in any way...I'm not sure what the answer to this is...

The target header floats in PractiScore... so if you have more targets than will fit on the screen - maybe a small phone... you can still see the target zones at the top of the screen... I'm sure the problem is that scorekeepers know to skip to the third column to enter a "C"...

We passed the word between range officers to announce the possible issue right after the stage briefing on classic target stages...

You could add a dummy target column (maybe blacked out) in PractiScore between the "A" and "C" columns on classic target stages... Not sure that's a good idea... seems like that might confuse people, too... Plus... It seems like a human problem, not a PractiScore problem to me...