Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore Feature Idea's

bret

I have some ideas I think would make Practiscore easier to use.

1 is once the shooters are sorted, sometimes we have a new shooter, we like to put them at the bottom and we have Range Officers that we want to split up, if you could drag the shooter to a different location in the order, it would help keep things in order.

2 we usually will drop one or drop two in the shooting order, if there is a way to drag the 1st shooter to the top, either manually or set it up so when the next stage comes up, it automatically puts the correct shooter at the top, this is a feature that would need to be able to be turned off, many squads shoot the same order without dropping 1 or 2.

3 a colored background, user selectable for current shooter

4 if a shooter wasn't scored, a tab asking to either go to the next stage without scoring or score the shooter, being able to turn it off would be nice in case a person is doing a shoot through and we leave his score alone, big matches this would be nice to make sure someone wasn't missed.

Another thing that would be nice is if it could be used for sporting clays, if we have a charity shoot and we have 50 or 100 clays, it would be nice to be able to use practiscore to score it.

No time value is needed, just station number, shooter name and if there is a Mike, we record it, be able to set strings, usually we shoot 1 station 2 strings.

I think some of these are already in work. For now if you have an iOS device you can use the PRS match type to record hits or misses on targets. It simply adds the hits up if you set the point value to 1 for each hit. You can rename each target to the station number. I have never shot sporting clays so I am not sure how efficient this method would be. With trap and skeet one shooter does not shoot all 25 clays in a row so there would be a lot of switching shooters in the pad. While I am a big proponent of electronic scoring I think this is one area that paper has the edge for now.

If you are able to get an Excel sheet on the device it may work, but it would need to be a full size tablet for readability.