Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting weakhand

First post, hi everyone. I've been experimenting with locking my elbow when shooting weak hand and leaving it a little bent, some days one works better and others not. Any opinions on what works best? BTW I'm 6'4 with long arms if it makes a difference.

Getting better is awesome, @Jake Di Vita, of course.  Working on all facets of the sport is preferable.  However, with limited practice time, I have to choose my battles.  I've decided that the line for me, the skills I want to grow and maintain for my weak hand are these:

1) The transfer from strong to weak

2) Indexing the dot quickly (I shoot CO)

Hey man if that's what you want to do, more power to ya.

For me, that isn't nearly enough. I don't want to just survive one handed stages...I want to dominate them. You'd be surprised how many match points you can pick up on these stages if you excel at them because most people do just try to survive them and/or have less formidable ability in the first place. Minimum 2 days a week I do all dryfire drills freestyle, strong, weak. On the rest of the days I still try and devote 10-15 minutes to it. We all have limited practice time. Most of my dry fire is done when sane people are sleeping. The extra time devoted to one handed shooting is worth it. I don't think you fully appreciate just how valuable it is.