Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Match video, request for feedback

Janskis

Hey all

This is from last week's Finnish open div nationals, my first L3 match ever. I've been shooting IPSC for a year now and finished 32nd (of 52).

I already got feedback on shooting too much (way too many targets get 3 holes, some even 4) and I can see that I over-extend my hands (like I would with iron sights) so I lost the dot all the time. Maybe I was trying too hard.

But on top of that, I'm pretty sure there is a lot of other stuff to improve on also. I'm eager to hear what you guys have to say

Edited by Janskis

Nice shooting :)

You're a better shooter than I am :(

Did you need that reload on the 2nd COF? For a single shot?

My first time trying to count makeup shots and i screwed it up :blush: I thought it was empty

Edited by Janskis

The stage you finished in 18.47, with the long railroad tracks to run down, should have been shooting those two stacked targets on the move, and the following pair of targets should have been engaged in the opposite order you did (I THINK, but hard to tell from video).

Nice shooting tho.

Stop pulling the gun back every time you move or transition. Ever time you pull the gun back then have to poke it back out it costs you at least half a second in wasted movement. Try keeping the gun out and ready to blast as much as possible. It will save you a crap ton of stage time.

The stage you finished in 18.47, with the long railroad tracks to run down, should have been shooting those two stacked targets on the move, and the following pair of targets should have been engaged in the opposite order you did (I THINK, but hard to tell from video).

Nice shooting tho.

Stop pulling the gun back every time you move or transition. Ever time you pull the gun back then have to poke it back out it costs you at least half a second in wasted movement. Try keeping the gun out and ready to blast as much as possible. It will save you a crap ton of stage time.

Good points, thaks. I'll try to remember these tomorrow. I also agree with the order of the pair in the proc stage

Also got feedback from elsewhere that I need better stage plans and I also need to break my grip if I need to run

Well, this time it went south, bad. Positioned at 21/28. On the stages I tried to go slow enogh, I was waaay too slow and on the stages I tried to speed it up a notch my hits were bad (and I still wasn't NEARLY fast enough). I feel like I'm going at my limit already and some guys have times two thirds of mine (11.4s vs just under 8).

Oh well, this was probs the last big comp for me this year. I'll try to train as much as possible during the winter with the minimal amount of ammo I can get.