Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Starting IDPA

Goatlips

Xds 4.0 9mm is in CCP. And yes it is very wife friendly as long as she is safe and has a basic knowledge of the pistol. Always a great thing to get your other half involved in a shooting sport. Just be careful bc feeding 2 guns gets expensive fast lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

No actual list of guns. See rule book.

Example here.

8.2.1 Stock Service Pistol Division (SSP) Handguns permitted for use in SSP must:

A. Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units

B. Be semi-automatic

C. Be double action, double action only, or striker fired

D. Use 9 mm (9x19) or larger cartridges.

E. Weigh 43.00 oz. or less unloaded, with the heaviest magazine inserted.

F. Fit in the IDPA gun test box measuring 8 ¾” x 6” x 1 5/8” with the largest magazine inserted. 

This is followed with a list of allowed modifications and a list of disallowed modifications.

13 minutes ago, usa259 said:

My first match in IDPA is coming up in a few weeks so new to this, thanks for the help, so if I went flat trigger upgrade then I would be in ESP?  Btw, Sig P320 full size 40s&w ...

Yep, ESP.

The biggest equipment mistake I see new idpa shooters make is in holster and magazine holders. Look at the rule book and make sure that they are both legal and worn at the correct spot on your hips. There is a division for almost any gun you want to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk