Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Ft. Benning?

I just spoke with a gentleman who is involved with the match. I did not catch his name however I contacted him via the number on the match FB patch. He said he will be contacting people next week for payment and also releasing some other info. Thats all I got.

Good luck.

Just a heads up to all... I received a phone call from a lady named Alice from Fort Benning Outdoor and Rec today about Payment for the match. Just a FYI for those who haven't gotten the call yet. It took me off guard at first because I have never gotten a phone call to pay for a match; So just a heads up because it didn't sound very legit initially. 

I think I know what happened. Apparently I somehow accessed the 2015 page. I was originally in but had to withdraw, for some reason that page is still available and being excited to squad, I didn't realize my error. Apologies to all for the false alarm.

For the most up to date information please access our Facebook page at: 

https://www.facebook.com/BenningMultiGun/

or our webpage at: 

http://www.benningmwr.com/fort-benning-multi-gun/

We have called all registered shooters at the number provided on PractiScore.   If you are an approved shooter, and have not paid, please call 706-545-8497 or 706-545-7978 by 7 Oct.  We are open Mon - Fri 9AM - 5 PM.  Next week we will remove those who have  not paid and allow waitlisted shooters in. 

James Shoemaker

Chief, Community Recreation Division

Family and MWR

7370 Kilgore St, Bldg 228

Fort Benning, GA 31905

O: 706-545-6066

M: 706-681-6980

2016 Fort Benning Multi-Gun

Update #1, 17 Sep 2016

Registration

Our match is full and we currently have a waitlist.  We gave advance registration notice to last year’s participants and the match filled up quickly.  We will notify those on the waitlist if shooters drop out.  We are holding a few spots for sponsors and will open them at a later date if we do not get sponsors.  Please contact James Shoemaker at james.g.shoemaker2.naf@mail.mil  if your company would like to sponsor the competition.

This is a Trophy Only Match.  If we get sponsors, that will be great, but we do not want you to have expectations for a prize table.

USAMU

The Soldiers of the United States Army Marksmanship Unit Action Shooting Team are developing the stages and will conduct of the match.  The competition will have 9 stages shot over two days.  Stages will be themed to represent different wars in our nation’s history. Stage layouts will be posted at least 30 days in advance.

The event will be held on Krilling Range, Fort Benning, GA 31905.  The range is located on Jamestown Road.  Maps will be posted at a later time.

Schedule of Events

2 December (Fri)

0800 Krilling Range will be open to walk through stages

1200 Registration open, Zero range open at Parks Range

1730 Registration, and ranges closed

3 December (Sat)

0600 Hospitality Tent open

0600 Breakfast

0700 Shooter Meeting

0730 Shoot stages

1700 Last rounds complete

4 December (Sun)

0600 Hospitality Tent open

0600 Breakfast

0730 Shoot Stages

1700 Last rounds complete

1730 Awards Ceremony

Payment Information

Beginning 19 Sep we will begin calling those with approved registrations to collect the match fee.  At that time you can purchase a long sleeve match shirt. 

Food

Last year’s food vendor received great comments and will be back this year.

Background Checks

Everyone that enters Fort Benning without a Military ID card holder must have a background check.  These checks are done thousands of times a month at the visitor’s center.  The process takes less than 10 minutes, but there may be long lines which can cause the wait time to increase. We will offer you the opportunity to have your background check completed before your arrival and a pass will be waiting at the gate for pickup.   To do an advance background check you must provide your full name, SSN, and birthdate when we call for payment. 

Hotels – We do not endorse any hotel and this list is not comprehensive. We recommend you check online ratings. There are 4 main areas for hotels in Columbus.

Victory Drive is located in South Columbus and the hotels are the closest to Krilling Range.  Dining options are limited to fast food and some local establishments.  Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, Hawthorn Suites.

Uptown is located in the historic downtown area of Columbus with many good local restaurants, limited fast food.  Great for walking and nightlife. Marriott, Hotel 6, Econolodge.

185 between Manchester Expressway and Airport Thruway. Wide variety of dining and shopping options. Hampton Inn, Doubletree, Extended Stay America, Fairfield Inn, Courtyard, Super 8, La Quinta, Holiday Inn, Townplace Suites.

185 Exit 10, Columbus Park Crossing. This is the newest section of town and has the most shopping and dining options.  Best Western Plus, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Country Inn, Extended Stay America, Wingate, Hilton Garden Inn, Hyatt Place, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites.

Firearms

There are NO concealed or open carry of firearms permitted on Fort Benning.  It does not matter who you are or what government agency you work for, you are NOT authorized to have a concealed or open carry weapon. Firearms may be temporarily transported in personally owned vehicle the Multi-Gun competition. Transportation must be directly from off post to the range and back off post.  You cannot go sightseeing on Fort Benning with a firearm in your vehicle.

Firearms will be transported cased, and unloaded with ammunition separated from the weapon. Ammunition cannot be in any pocket of the case with the firearm.

Weapons must not be visible from the exterior of the vehicle.

Under no circumstances may an uncased firearm be transported under or behind a seat or in a glove compartment, console, seat pouch or similar location. Firearms should be transported in the trunk of vehicles or in the back.

• 2 weeks later...