Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deal on primers (post them)

mach1soldier

Anyone seen deals on primers lately? I was using Tula and drained those. Then S&B. About to be out of those.

Anyone else have any leads on cheap primers for plinking / range ammo. Gun lights anything so not worried about that. Small pistol is what I'm looking for.

I figured this might be a good thread to post deals. Kind of like the powder find thread.

this is from powder valley

"S&B does not anticipate delivering any primers in 2016 due to their explosion at their factory which has hindered their production. Every primer they make currently is going into their own ammunition"

Should have bought when cabelas was having the sale :(

"S&B does not anticipate delivering any primers in 2016 due to their explosion at their factory which has hindered their production. Every primer they make currently is going into their own ammunition"

Where did you see that on Powder valley?

I bought 5K S&B Small Pistol and a couple K Small Rifle locally about 6 months ago.

This would make sense though as my LGS had a bunch of them and now all they have is Large Rifle on the shelves.

I have been buying Fiochhi Small Pistol lately, another LGS has them for 25.99 per 1500.

Edited by ruleyoutoo1911

Crap. I was just looking on Cabela's site yesterday and noticed they didnt list S&B primers anymore, guess this is why. That really sucks as I had been getting them delivered anywhere from $19-$24/k with the sales and free shipping deals they had going on at various times, glad I got 15k of them while I could.

Can't speak for S&B, but I've loaded and shot ~20k of 9mm with Fiocchi SPP. Nothing to complain about. The cups are softer than of Magtech primers.

Edited by arkadi

Times like this make having a couple years worth of components on hand "not such a bad idea".

• 3 weeks later...

Cabela's still has S&B primers for $24.99 per 1000 (Large Rifle, Small Pistol) and Winchester primers for $26.39 per 1000 (Small and Large Rifle, Large Pistol). Hazmat is only $20 and until 9/5, use code 6TENOFF for 10% off and free shipping for orders over $100.

19 hours ago, blackhand said:

Cabela's still has S&B primers for $24.99 per 1000 (Large Rifle, Small Pistol) and Winchester primers for $26.39 per 1000 (Small and Large Rifle, Large Pistol). Hazmat is only $20 and until 9/5, use code 6TENOFF for 10% off and free shipping for orders over $100.

My problem is only they do not ship to NJ....