Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody have Amazon Firestick with KODI?

Been running that setup for a few months now. I have 3 of them. If you need live cable programming Sony Playstation Vue is 'da bomb! I'm an Apple nut and have 2 Apple TVs sitting all boxed up in the closet now. I also have Amazon Prime so the Amazon Fire platform is a no brainer for their video and music streaming. I knocked $100 a month off my cable bill.

Has anyone found the new episodes of 3 gun nation on kodi anywhere? I checked exodus, 1channel and salts but can't find any.

We have dish and the dropped Mavtv a couple of years ago.

• 6 months later...

Hmmmm .... The one thing I'd like to find is The Outdoor Channel from cable and there is also a fishing network of some sort.  Have not been able to find either of these and I refuse to pay cable to upgrade just to get one or 2 channels that I want ....

13 minutes ago, benos said:

I recently got rid of my $140 cable bill, and am left with amazon (Prime) and Netflix, and a Roku. So what will the Firestick with KODI let me watch (for free) that I now cannot?

EVERYTHING! Except 3 gun nation and shooting USA. But other than that literally everything that has ever been on TV, every movie ever, the live UFC fights, there's sports stuff too but I don't know much about that stuff. 

Best part, wait for it... IT'S ALL FREE! 

The easiest way to do it is if you have a Galaxy or similar phone. Go to the play store and download free kodi and the "apps to fire" applications. Use the apps to fire to side load kodi onto the fire stick. 

Once kodi is on the fire stick you can load channels on it like exodus, 1 channel, Phenix and watch everything for FREE. 

You don't need to use the phone method to install it  but the other ways just take a little longer. I'm sure you will have no trouble getting it going. 

8 hours ago, benos said:

I recently got rid of my $140 cable bill, and am left with amazon (Prime) and Netflix, and a Roku. So what will the Firestick with KODI let me watch (for free) that I now cannot?

7 hours ago, louu said:

EVERYTHING! Except 3 gun nation and shooting USA. But other than that literally everything that has ever been on TV, every movie ever, the live UFC fights, there's sports stuff too but I don't know much about that stuff. 

Best part, wait for it... IT'S ALL FREE! 

The easiest way to do it is if you have a Galaxy or similar phone. Go to the play store and download free kodi and the "apps to fire" applications. Use the apps to fire to side load kodi onto the fire stick. 

Once kodi is on the fire stick you can load channels on it like exodus, 1 channel, Phenix and watch everything for FREE. 

You don't need to use the phone method to install it  but the other ways just take a little longer. I'm sure you will have no trouble getting it going. 

I'll 2nd what louu said.  I run Exodus, Phoenix, and SALTS.  I need to look into an updated build and get some more as my build is quite dated.  I'd like to find the OAN network, but there is some live cable TV on there, I watch Fox News pretty regularly.  Like louu said practically EVERYTHING is in there if you can dig it up.

If you have Amazon Prime get on the FIRE platform, whether it be the stick or their box.  I'd recommend their box.  The stick works just fine but the box is much more responsive, the sticks are kind of irritating with the slowness of your inputs, but they do work pretty well.

7 hours ago, Shadowrider said:

I'll 2nd what louu said.  I run Exodus, Phoenix, and SALTS.  I need to look into an updated build and get some more as my build is quite dated.  I'd like to find the OAN network, but there is some live cable TV on there, I watch Fox News pretty regularly.  Like louu said practically EVERYTHING is in there if you can dig it up.

If you have Amazon Prime get on the FIRE platform, whether it be the stick or their box.  I'd recommend their box.  The stick works just fine but the box is much more responsive, the sticks are kind of irritating with the slowness of your inputs, but they do work pretty well.

I'm going to upgrade to the box pretty soon because it has a ethernet plug so you can wire it directly to your modem and not use WiFi. Everyone says it makes it really fast that way. 

You don't need the prime account. 

I started with a firestick. It works great but it has since moved into a bedroom and for our main tv we now have a kodi box. If you just go to amazon and search kodi box or kodi player there are many to choose from. These come with kodi ready to play, have better speed, ram etc than the fire stick. Plus you can download other apps like amazon and netflix to have a all in one player. Plus they come pre-installed with kodi. Plug it in, update it and go. 

28 minutes ago, alotur said:

I looked and didn't see pre loaded Kodi sticks

I just searched on Amazon kodi box. Lots to choose from. Also lots of reviews. Use google search best kodi player. Firesticks work ok but you basically have to jailbreak them to use kodi on them. I'm obviously not very techy, lots of videos on youtube to help you with setup no matter what type of player you decide. It is very nice not having a cable or satellite bill. 

There's another option for cable.  DirectvNow is running a special for their new streaming service.  100+ Channels for $35 a month for as long as you keep this specific plan.  If you change it or cancel it goes away forever.  No contracts and you can add HBO and or Cinemax if you want.  They won't say how long this is going to run but it's been going for awhile.  Also I got a free AppleTV 4 box for pre-paying for 3 months service.  I don't know if that's still going but probably.  Will I keep it?  Dunno, but $35 for the amount of content is a pretty smoking deal on it's own and they throw in an AppleTV4.

Their app has some minor bugs but that will get worked out but it works fairly well.  They only allow 2 streams on your account, but you can watch on ANY device unlike Sony Vue.  Not for everyone, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

4 hours ago, pfcchambers said:

I just searched on Amazon kodi box. Lots to choose from. Also lots of reviews. Use google search best kodi player. Firesticks work ok but you basically have to jailbreak them to use kodi on them. I'm obviously not very techy, lots of videos on youtube to help you with setup no matter what type of player you decide. It is very nice not having a cable or satellite bill. 

No jail break. Change a couple settings, load ES file explorer, download and install the Kodi APK. So simple even a...