Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TRU GRIP

speed

His website is still up but he's not actively supporting sales. The e-store was still active and I tried to place an order. After a couple of unanswered emails, I lucky to get a refund from PayPal. There was one online dealer that had some for sale (only the small frame Glocks) that's it. Eric was the 1st to come out with "fitted" grip tape & it was the best.

I have Friend who sent him monies and never received anything and no response. People call him and leave messages and nobody's getting a response. I guess he has no choice but to call pay pal and let them handle this.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking about this the other day! 

Polymer, do you have an idea when you placed your last order  was it 2 months or a year ago? 

The last time I ordered from Eric was 2013 and that was the first time I got a weird feeling about him.  I did eventually get the order but it took a while and without any communication.  Surprising since years prior he was lightning fast in delivering, also very friendly on email.

He makes a good product and I do not mind waiting, but don't want to order if he's not even alive anymore and everyone seems to be just going thru paypal to get refunds.  The longer you wait tho the less likely paypal will honour a claim.

He used to be a regular on this forum. He was super helpful and seemed to always service his customers. 

We watched him start Trugrip on here. 

I wish he would have at least made a statement about the company before he disappeared. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond Polymer.  I don't appreciate the fact that he is not communicative, and hate to reward such behaviour.  However its good to know that he is still alive and actually delivers.  In the end I suppose that is all that matters and your experience is a hard data point.

I mean when was the last time you waited 10 years for a custom pistol(s)?  Oh yeah I am! : )

• 2 months later...

Against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered some TruGrips.  Long story short.  No communication and no product after 2 months and I decided to get paypal involved and got my money back.  A shame as I really loved the product.

On 11/6/2016 at 0:12 PM, Sniperboy said:

Against my better judgement I went ahead and ordered some TruGrips.  Long story short.  No communication and no product after 2 months and I decided to get paypal involved and got my money back.  A shame as I really loved the product.

Did he get back to you after PayPal got involved? Have you looked at the Dawson ones?

No Eric did not respond to the Paypal claim.  BTW, I take full responsibility of my choices here and am glad Paypal refunded in my favour.  Sad it did not turn out differently since I do like the Tru Grip.  I use it on my Glock 26 and think the one I have can last me another year : ) so I have time to evaluate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...