Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EVERYONE READ - Forums moving to IP's cloud info

benos

I have initiated the forum's move from the dedicated server to IP's Cloud. This should actually happen by tomorrow afternoon or evening.

After the forums are in the Cloud, I will setup a domain redirect to send any brianenos.com/forums link to the new forums location in the Cloud.

After I set up the redirect, until the redirect propagates to your location, a brianenos.com/forums link will not work. It shouldn't take more than a few hours for the redirect to propagate to any U.S. location.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah same here, I actually have no idea what any of this means. I can barely figure out how to make a phone call on this thing. When it's all finished will everything still be the same for us?

I have initiated the forum's move from the dedicated server to IP's Cloud. This should actually happen by tomorrow afternoon or evening.

After the forums are in the Cloud, I will setup a domain redirect to send any brianenos.com/forums link to the new forums location in the Cloud.

After I set up the redirect, until the redirect propagates to your location, a brianenos.com/forums link will not work. It shouldn't take more than a few hours for the redirect to propagate to any U.S. location.

Hopefully it will be less dramatic than the activation of Skynet and the Cloud will not become self aware.

Outstanding!

Why?

That was for Brian as he talked about the how costly, money and man hours, it was to maintain a dedicated server. The cloud server should alleviate most of that for him. As for how well the cloud will work, we should find out this afternoon. Fingers crossed!

The move is not going to happen until tomorrow sometime. I'll update a more accurate timeframe when I have more info.

It is looking like the new url for the forums will be forums.brianenos.com/

I was going into withdrawals.

But I'm confused. I have tried all day to get on but nothing. Dead all day until just the last half hour or so. BUT I'm seeing posts that people have been making all day. Just curious from a zero tech skills guy.

Looks like Tapatalk needs an update to connect to the new forum URL. Could you please ask new maintainers to work with Tapatalk team to make it happen?

Thank you for all your work through tne years and the book!