Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry holster recommendations

Sarge

Well, all of a sudden I feel under gunned for CCW. Moving to my G19 for every day carry and need a COMFORTABLE holster. I tried a super tuck and felt it uncomfortable if that's any help. I wish I could carry OWB but think that's not doable with a bigger gun?

I'm really open to any and all opinions on carrying the 19

Hello: The Milt Sparks Executive Companion and the the Versa Max II are great for inside the waistband carry for a Glock 19. I like the metal insert in the top of the holster to keep the top open but still retain the pistol. They will take a while to get so I would order one now or both. You will have to decide on leather or horsehide etc. Thanks, Eric

check out Alien Gear Holsters at aliengearholsters.com

They are similar to the crossbreed, but half the cost. I have two and they are comfortable...well as comfortable as you can get with a gun inside your waistband. If you change guns at a later date, they will change out the molded part for free.

I'm a huge fan of appendix carry, it is just flat-out easier, faster, more accesible, and more comfortable for me. Dale Fricke makes the Archangel appendix (which I use) and a few models. Luckily there are some really good makers on the market right now

I've got a similar problem - been carrying a KelTec P12 for 15 years, in

a pocket holster - even concealed with shorts and t-shirt.

Just moved "UP" to a M&P C with laser sight - really miss the pocket

carry when it's hot (most of the year).

Just tried an IWB holster, and still not comfortable with it being truly

concealed - might just take some getting used to -

Guess I'll look and see if anyone makes a pocket holster for it - but

the gun itself takes up most of the room in the pocket - little slower

to get out than the KelTec.

The search is on ... :)

I'm convinced people who appendix carry either 1) never sit down or 2) wear their pants like Steve Urkel. I just don't get how that could possibly be comfortable.

You learn to sing soprano...

Seriously though it is not bad, you do get used to the feeling/pressure. I've driven 18 hours straight with appendix carry. If you've got the proverbial Michelin in the way, it is a bit more uncomfortable (I've found that out first hand since gaining weight!) After years of AIWB, I tried carrying at 4 but it felt terribly uncomfortable, like there was an anchor on my hip. Oh regarding the pants, I don't wear skinny jeans and ditched the parachute pants years ago.

I'll have an extra glock small frame AIWB holster soon and have a CZ75 that I'd be willing to loan out.

Sarge - At what position did you try the supertuck? Before going AIWB, about 3:30/4 was the most comfortable & concealable position. Basically just behind centerline when your waist turns toward your butt. It did push into chairs, my truck & office leather chairs had an odd wear spot. Haha.

Edited by SCTaylor

I'm convinced people who appendix carry either 1) never sit down or 2) wear their pants like Steve Urkel. I just don't get how that could possibly be comfortable.

You learn to sing soprano...

Seriously though it is not bad, you do get used to the feeling/pressure. I've driven 18 hours straight with appendix carry. If you've got the proverbial Michelin in the way, it is a bit more uncomfortable (I've found that out first hand since gaining weight!) After years of AIWB, I tried carrying at 4 but it felt terribly uncomfortable, like there was an anchor on my hip. Oh regarding the pants, I don't wear skinny jeans and ditched the parachute pants years ago.

I'll have an extra glock small frame AIWB holster soon and have a CZ75 that I'd be willing to loan out.

Sarge - At what position did you try the supertuck? Before going AIWB, about 3:30/4 was the most comfortable & concealable position. Basically just behind centerline when your waist turns toward your butt. It did push into chairs, my truck & office leather chairs had an odd wear spot. Haha.

I tried it where you are describing. Maybe IWB isn't for me. The absolute most comfortable for me is OWB at 4. I like to take it off when driving .

Www.keepersconcealment.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No magic foam wedge thingy is going to convince me that appendix carry can be comfortable :). I'm glad it works for others. Wish it worked for me as I agree it's a faster draw and would do it if I could. But I can't see how I'd ever be able to sit normally carrying that way.

Www.keepersconcealment.com

No magic foam wedge thingy is going to convince me that appendix carry can be comfortable :). I'm glad it works for others. Wish it worked for me as I agree it's a faster draw and would do it if I could. But I can't see how I'd ever be able to sit normally carrying that way.

I thought the same thing....until I tried it.

I'll reiterate alien gear. I am going to a G19 for the same reason stated. I used to carry a G23 with the alien gear holster and It was more comfortable with that holster than anything else I tried. Also doesnt hurt that its close to being the cheapest holster out there. But the lead time sucks. I remember it taking 6 to 8 weeks to get after I ordered it.

But they messed up and sent my order twice so that made up for the long lead time. I was surprised to see two more holsters show up a couple weeks after I got the first two and suddenly didn't care anymore that they took so long to get to me. :)

Edited by Shmella

Ordered Aliengear IWB already. I was told they would move me to the head of the line since I'm military or LEO. They don't offer discounts but this was pretty nice of them.

It as all about the holster, belt, and exact carry location.

Because of right shoulder arthritis, behind the hip became difficult. I searched out holsters that work for me so now I can appendix carry up to and including my Sig P226 comfortably. Most of the time is a P229. All day every day including working in my trade.

This is my current favorite

https://www.rdrholsters.com/store/display/2199/81/rapid-deployment-holster-sig-sauer

I hope to order one of these for my Sig P6 next time they run a sale

https://www.rdrholsters.com/store/display/2275/156/the-s-c-a-r-sig-sauer

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Ordered Aliengear IWB already. I was told they would move me to the head of the line since I'm military or LEO. They don't offer discounts but this was pretty nice of them.

I ordered one recently and it shipped in about a week. I think they no longer have the long wait times that they used to. It's not as comfortable as the MTAC, but is half the cost...

Your a cop you should NEVER run cheep on a carry holster :excl: . I agree with others here Mil Sparks makes the most comfortable IWB out there, and GOOD customer service .