Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference in quality in P320s

R34PER

I have a P320fs serialized in the first 2000 pistols chambered in .40sw and a P320sc serialized in the 19800 pistols. I also have the 357sig compact and 9mm full size exchange kits. I purchased the .40sw right at launch. The rest spaced between then and last summer. In terms of fit, function, accuracy, and reliability there is a clear difference. It seems as time went on the quality in production decreased. Through testing every combination of slide, fcu, and frame plus multiple uspsa matches totalling to over 5000 rounds of the various calibers, that original parts are by far the highest quality. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by R34PER

I haven't noticed any difference. All mine are accurate, but if I were to say one is a little "better" than they others, it would be the most recent one. I have probably in the neighborhood of 6500 round count through them, with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could be coincidence. Having worked in automotive manufacturing I get there are tolerances. I suppose I happen to receive products that fall at the ends of the tolerance spectrum.

What I really want to know from others experience combined with mine, is if the quality is maintaining or improving before I decide to invest in the target when it comes out.

I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on a Target 320 when it comes out. I haven't heard much one way or the other from people as far as quality over time goes. Seems, like most things, there are those that love them and those that don't. My experience is those who don't have issues with the ergonomics, but not quality.

I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on a Target 320 when it comes out. I haven't heard much one way or the other from people as far as quality over time goes. Seems, like most things, there are those that love them and those that don't. My experience is those who don't have issues with the ergonomics, but not quality.

I too can't wait to try the Target. Really excited about that one.

I handled a lot of them before buying one so I'm not sure the production dates of the pistols I looked at. However, I can say that there did seem to be very noticeable variances between the examples... mostly in the trigger feel and weight along with how snugly the FCU fit in the grip module.

Speaking directly to the fcu to frame fit. Two of my medium full size frames if I transfer the same fcu/slide between the two. There is a considerable point of aim point of impact shifthe when shoot off a rest.

When using one of the frames I have, the pistol feels very solid. When using the other, it rattles around like crazy when I shake it. Unfortunately, the loose one is the size that fits me better. It doesn't seem to affect anything as far as accuracy and function, but it is kind of annoying. I suppose this is just a byproduct of the needed clearances built into a modular design.