Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCW Opinon - P-01 Omega, P-07 Omega or 75 D

Rodney1218

I went with the CZ75D (PCR), because i do not run tac lights and i prefer how it looks. I do not think you can go wrong with any of the listed options though. My experience with CCW is limited i am interested to hear other forum members input.

Edited by Tok36

I shoot and carry a P07 and P09. I handled a P01 a couple weeks ago and I liked it a lot.. was a little thinner than the P07 and I think that would make a big different when carrying IWB

Thanks this is the type of info I was after!!!!!

I have a P-07 and a PCR. I had a P-09 and a P-01. They're all great. I just tricked out my PCR and did a melt job on it and Cerakoted it back to black. It feels great. Once I get 500 rounds through it, it will become my CCW for Fall and Winter when I can carry OWB. (S&W Shield is for Spring and Summer, gets hot here in Texas so IWB under lightweight T shirts)

The P-07 is my HD gun. It also carries good, but I don't need or want a rail on my carry gun. It has a CGW FP and Blue hammer spring along with some polishing. I can't imagine a better handgun for defensive training classes or a zombie attack. Especially with the 19 round P-09 mags in reserve.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the P07. Mine, so far, is much more accurate than my new P01 Omega (the urban gray model).

But the more I handle the P01, the better it feels in my hand. The P07 feels good in my hand but the P01 is steadily growing on my. I ordered an IWB holster for it the other day from Cleveland Kydex holsters. When I get it I may start carrying it quite a bit.

I have an RMR on the P07 and really, really like it. That alone makes it a better carry pistol (my eyes and sights) than the P01, but I still want to carry the P01 some.

• 3 years later...