Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig legion da/sa holsters

Ridenemwild

Looking for a good kydex holster for my legion. Would like a paddle style holster. Safari land and Blackhawk won't work tried both. The front of slide is too wide and will not fit. I bought a cheap alien gear holster but the retention will not get as tight as I would prefer. Have been looking at a few leather holsters but they don't allow for easy on/off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Evidently, Blackpoint Tactical makes the Legion series holsters. Maybe you can contact them? I didn't realize they wouldn't fit in standard P226R or P229R holsters.

I didn't realize that they didn't fit either until I purchased 1 and it absolutely would not fit. The front cocking serations make the front half of the frame too wide. I imagine all elite series sigs have this problem. I have seen the blackpoint tactical holsters and yes they are nice but I really would like something more like a paddle holster that could go on a gun belt if I decided to compete

Did you, by chance, order a holster for a folded-slide P226 instead of a stainless slide P226R? I know those are not compatible. Since they don't make Elite-specific holsters, I wouldn't think the front cocking serrations would matter. But perhaps the slide dimensions are just thicker overall.

They where for a 226r. I have seen a few holster companies do make separate holsters for 226r and 226 elite. I assume it is for this reason. Only problem is these have been kydex/leather hybrids like the blackpoint.

e2ca8afd10a37881691dbea9ae50e723.jpg

This one fits my USPSA model with front cocking serrations. I think it should fit a Legion.

http://lsholster.mybigcommerce.com/the-huron-holster/

It's available with a BOSS hangar or several other attachment options. I use one with my single stack as well and I've been very happy with both.

They have an ad in recent issues of Front Sight with a discount code as well, look it up.

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a Kydex from a local maker for a P226R. And as many have said it doesn't really fit. So I just loosened to tension screws and held it over the stove for a a bit to make the Kydex soft. Then I shoved the gun into the holster and heated it back up with the gun in. Let it completely cool with gun in the holster and it worked fine. But when I needed a competition holster I let him custom make it to the gun to be safe.

Edited by RDT806

• 3 weeks later...