Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Strange Practiscore results

aandabooks

Shot match today and in looking at the results on Practiscore something seems off to me. In the overall, I finish 13th and 5th in Production. When I select the Production results, the guy who was 6th Production in the overall moves up to 4th in the Production.

Why would this be the case?

post-49618-0-74944800-1468186262_thumb.ppost-49618-0-84052200-1468186302_thumb.p

Say you're looking at Production results for a stage, and you beat another Production shooter by 10 points, which puts you ahead of him for the match by 1 point.

Now you change to Combined results for that stage, and the Open stage winner happened to beat the Production stage winner by 50%. That means that, in the Combined results, you now only beat that other Production shooter by 5 points. Now he's ahead of you for the match by 4 points.

Oversimplified example, but that's the idea.

Edited by FTDMFR

So which set of results is more accurate for measuring improvement? I'm guessing to look at the division I'm shooting as that is really the field that I'm playing in.

I'd go by someone at the top of your division who is consistent.

If you have heat in production, look there. Otherwise, if the same guy (or couple) always wins the overall match in open, then just use that, it doesn't really matter. All that matters is being able to see where you are placing in relation to your benchmark people, to tell if you are improving.

Edited by Gooldylocks